Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 26 Jan 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Holidays

I wanted to share my holiday news and FB looks like i am bragging. Not bragging just excited so i thought i would share with my holiday lovers on the dibb!
Last year we went to the Dominican Republic, the country was lovely, the hotel and service was terrible, it wasn’t the holiday i wanted. Not my caribbean dream for close to 8k Lots of fighting TUI and we finally got a pay out, not the whole lot but we were happy.

So onto this year, we decided that we wanted more than one holiday so we booked 3!

June Gran Canaria, me dh and youngest ds (13) a steel for £900 self catering 3 star Eden apartments

July Las Vegas - just me and dh for our wedding anniversary. Flying virgin premium and staying at the Venetian £2400

August - Barcelona all 4 of us including oldest ds 17
Not sure where we are staying yet but the flights were £66 return - bargain

Thats 3 holidays for less than half of what we paid last year

If anyone can recommend anything in either of these places please let me know -thanks for reading very excited

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying

Edited at 08:28 PM.
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Woo hoo! They all sound like fab holidays! Happy planning xx
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

they sound fabulous.

We have nothing booked this year. I really want to do Vegas and a California Coastal cruise but OH decides at 53 this is the year he wants to be sensible and save money.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by honeybun1989 View Post
Woo hoo! They all sound like fab holidays! Happy planning xx
I know right! Thank you! X

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
they sound fabulous.

We have nothing booked this year. I really want to do Vegas and a California Coastal cruise but OH decides at 53 this is the year he wants to be sensible and save money.
Oh no. Dh does this every year but i mange to change his mind. Hope you do too because a California cruise sounds a amazing

Old 27 Jan 20, 02:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds good. Thought I’d throw in accommodation advice. We booked an apartment through a website called habitat for Barcelona. It was a 3 bed in gothic area. Good prices and very clean. Or air bnb.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

They sound great!

Me and DW did Vegas in July 2018 for my 40th, also staying at the Venetian - you will love it! It is insanely hot that time of year so make the most of the jet lag to get out early and explore! We were walking down the strip at 5am and it was deserted!
Old 27 Jan 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We went to Vegas in August last year and also stayed at the Venetian, it was an amazing hotel - enjoy!
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
Sounds good. Thought I’d throw in accommodation advice. We booked an apartment through a website called habitat for Barcelona. It was a 3 bed in gothic area. Good prices and very clean. Or air bnb.
Thank you will definitely look at that

Old 27 Jan 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Thank you Neil and Buzz. It looks amazing, i am not very posh and worried we might be out of our depth there but you only live once right? Lol