Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jan 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I wish I could afford it- £20k when I last priced it up for my family- no chance! I cannot work out how people get all these deals, but maybe not going school hols is a start.
We nearly always go in school hols and always get UC or PE rewards for a family of 4. Rarely pay much more than £2k. The last time we paid cash only for a flight was back in 2006.

It's simply been a case of building the points strategically using various methods. The recent Amex card rule changes are hitting hard mind.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Easy check in, they give you a voucher that takes you through security. Then you use this to access the escape lounge ( virgin new lounge after June).
You get on the flight first ( they tend to put on people who need extra assistance first)
Once on the plane you get a small bar that services 14 seats.
We like seats 6&7 a&k if traveling with the kids, but 8 & 9 a or k would be my favourites if traveling as a couple.
3 staff members seem to look after you. If you haven’t ordered your meals prior to boarding - you might find they don’t have your choice. ( order online before to avoid disappointment).
Other than that enjoy every moment as the 747s will probably be out of service very soon!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by swiper View Post
Easy check in, they give you a voucher that takes you through security. Then you use this to access the escape lounge ( virgin new lounge after June).
You get on the flight first ( they tend to put on people who need extra assistance first)
We like seats 6&7 a&k if traveling with the kids, but 8 & 9 a or k would be my favourites if traveling as a couple.
3 staff members seem to look after you. If you haven’t ordered your meals prior to boarding - you might find they don’t have your choice. ( order online before to avoid disappointment).
Other than that enjoy every moment as the 747s will probably be out of service very soon!
Where did you see June for the new lounge? I've been trying to find more info on all the work at Manchester as by the time we go all the old T2 should be closed and moved into the new according to the bits I've found but it still looks a long way off.
SteveyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
That is a lot, how big is your family?
4- its always 5k each. I dont know about the points issue, lost 35k points a while back as could never use them. I get £500+ back on my Amex each year, no points though.
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are going in May 3 of us and it is £6000 for upper class return.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

4- its always 5k each. I dont know about the points issue, lost 35k points a while back as could never use them. I get £500+ back on my Amex each year, no points though.
Surprised you're not all over it. Add to those DVC savings

In the good old days, with the AMEX reward cards, you could get £10 cashback, 10-20k VA miles, plus 2 lounge tickets for free. Then reapply almost immediately.

Unscrupulous bargain conscious types were understandably rinsing this opportunity and Amex eventually changed the rules so that you could only get a bonus reward every 6 months. A short while later they changed it to the current position which is you can only get a reward bonus every 2 years.

There is an exception if you are lucky enough to be a limited company business owner.

Edited at 05:20 PM.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

I wish I could afford it- £20k when I last priced it up for my family- no chance! I cannot work out how people get all these deals, but maybe not going school hols is a start.
From who was in our UC cabin my guess would be maybe 4 of us on reward seats and the rest fee paying. We have some family friends who visit disney every year and flying UC each way. They always pay cash which annoys me as I'm absolutely sure they could've had a reward seat or two in their time!
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by swiper View Post
How do you pre-order food? Do they send you an email?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
From who was in our UC cabin my guess would be maybe 4 of us on reward seats and the rest fee paying. We have some family friends who visit disney every year and flying UC each way. They always pay cash which annoys me as I'm absolutely sure they could've had a reward seat or two in their time!
How do you get reward seats? We are new toVirgin and collecting points so we have paid for our September flights. We have over 100k points collected so I am hoping for reward flights next trip

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
How do you pre-order food? Do they send you an email?
They do but you can also just go into your VA account and do it through there. I did it on the bus on my phone. The options for food were up at least week or two before the flight.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List