General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 29 Apr 17, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Sounds a nice day for Poot, and great about the free books.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Sounds a nice day for Poot, and great about the free books.
Ah, Gill - that's a kind way to say "What a waste of a day!"

The weather really did for us today, I fear...here's where my mother's packing strategy (bring ALL the clothes you own) would have paid rich dividends...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

It looks so cold, glad you made the most of it and Poot found more books.

DBF is really wanting to see the shuttle, we've seen the one at KSC so I'm not particularly interested...
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by miss_bell View Post
It looks so cold, glad you made the most of it and Poot found more books.

DBF is really wanting to see the shuttle, we've seen the one at KSC so I'm not particularly interested...
Well, there's more than just the shuttle (you've got the Enola Gay and a Blackbird - and a Concorde) - but it's certainly not up everybody's street. My DM would sooner chew glass, I think - than spend a day looking at aircraft.

It was a pretty wasted day, I fear - we really were not prepared for the terrible weather. Learn from my mistakes!
Old 2 Aug 17, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Honestly the weather has a lot to answer for 😬 As I have said before, I have totally underestimated the weather on holidays before and it has affected our plans. At least you actually left the hotel! How lovely for Poot to be able to go back to the zoo and explore more thoroughly and who doesn't love free books!

CVS is the best but I had no idea that you could buy Panera mac and cheese there 😱 I had Panera last year in Florida at the Outlet Mall, it was so lovely and fresh, the soup was good too.

You did a good job keeping yourselves warm and dry on what looks like a truly freezing day 😊
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Honestly the weather has a lot to answer for 😬 As I have said before, I have totally underestimated the weather on holidays before and it has affected our plans. At least you actually left the hotel! How lovely for Poot to be able to go back to the zoo and explore more thoroughly and who doesn't love free books!

CVS is the best but I had no idea that you could buy Panera mac and cheese there 😱 I had Panera last year in Florida at the Outlet Mall, it was so lovely and fresh, the soup was good too.

You did a good job keeping yourselves warm and dry on what looks like a truly freezing day 😊

Sorry this was such a boring day to read.

I think because this was my first trippie I thought I *had to* post day by day - when I should have just bundled this snore-fest in with our departure day.

We had a good time despite the weather - but D.C. is not a cheap city to visit - and I really felt like we wasted the day.

But yes - Panera is Poot's new favourite. It does feel a bit more like "proper food" than most American fast food places - and I always feel rather virtuous when I order soup in a restaurant, lol.
Old 3 Aug 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Sorry this was such a boring day to read.

I think because this was my first trippie I thought I *had to* post day by day - when I should have just bundled this snore-fest in with our departure day.

We had a good time despite the weather - but D.C. is not a cheap city to visit - and I really felt like we wasted the day.

But yes - Panera is Poot's new favourite. It does feel a bit more like "proper food" than most American fast food places - and I always feel rather virtuous when I order soup in a restaurant, lol.
Not boring at all We have days like this, honestly with weather like that I probably would have found the 5th a Theme Park

I love soup, however, as Orlando was like the inside of an oven when we were last there, I just had a sandwich
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Not boring at all We have days like this, honestly with weather like that I probably would have found the 5th a Theme Park

I love soup, however, as Orlando was like the inside of an oven when we were last there, I just had a sandwich

I promise to credit Colette (at least the first time ) - but I think I'm going to call Target that in all my posts from now on.

But the restaurants in Florida are always SO COLD! By the time the food comes I need soup AND tea. I'm with you in principle, though.
Old 4 Aug 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post

I promise to credit Colette (at least the first time ) - but I think I'm going to call Target that in all my posts from now on.

But the restaurants in Florida are always SO COLD! By the time the food comes I need soup AND tea. I'm with you in principle, though.
Yes, I always have to take a sweater to Orlando in the summer, the air conditioning in the restaurants/shops is arctic Surely it doesn't need to be so cold

Lol! I can't wait for your next TR and read all about your visit to the 5th theme park! Do you think there will be giggles or grumbles Colleybird need to TM that one, I think it's a winner!
Old 5 Aug 17, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes, I always have to take a sweater to Orlando in the summer, the air conditioning in the restaurants/shops is arctic Surely it doesn't need to be so cold

Lol! I can't wait for your next TR and read all about your visit to the 5th theme park! Do you think there will be giggles or grumbles Colleybird need to TM that one, I think it's a winner!
She totally should! I suppose it would be lost on Americans, though. I never understood what a treasure I had in Target - until I moved to England and had to make do with Tesco. It's just not the same.

...though (as I know I've mentioned before) I did once see a fight over marked-down meat at my local Tesco (Did you guess Hatfield? You guessed right.) - so dinner AND a show.