Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jul 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
You can download offline maps with google.
It doesn't give live traffic info but means you can sat nav without using data

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

Navmii is fantastic for a sat nav without data/wifi!
Old 24 Nov 17, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Geeza40
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Tips

Fast pass

When you have used up your 3 Fast Passes in a Park, and you want to book another keep refreshing the times offered. For example I was trying to get Rock and Roller coaster for 15.00, initially all I could get was 18.00 and later. I grabbed the 18.00 one and then kept refreshing the “modify” option over
And over and different times pop up randomly. Got it down to 15.05 in the end.

Also be smart with your FP’s. if you have done two of your 3 for one given day and your last one is for a show or a ride that you’ve spotted is virtually a walk on, cancel it. You can’t try for any new ones until you’ve used the first 3. With that in mind try and get your FP’s all lined up, ie as one finishes at say 9.30 get the next to start then as well. As above get what you can initially then keep refreshing, different times seem to pop up all the time..

Do book a ADR for Rose and Crown and ask for outside seating. So worth it

This year there was 5 of is all older than 20 and we had limited time ( 2 days) at both Universal parks.
I booked one night at The Royal Pacific resort for 5 adults staying in one room. This came with 5 unlimited Express passes for checkin and check out day. Ok it was $400 but so worth it to walk on every ride including the HP ones. In reality, just my daughter and her boyfriend stayed in the room as we had a villa booked for that week, so it was nice for them but we all benefited from the passes...

As we stayed on Disney the first week we had DDP.
Tips for that (which are nothing new) are
Make use of the quick service swap for 3 snacks. We did this a lot when 3 or more of us were getting ice creams, drinks etc. The quick service meals are the things we personally had spare..
Whatever age book a character breakfast. We did two, Animal Kingdom Tucker House and MK The Crystal Palace, both brilliant.
Other ADR highlights were BOG Dinner ( excellent Steak) you also get to have a photo with the beast.
Rose and Crown as mentioned above
Mama Melrose with preferred seating for Fantasmic.

We used Starbucks everyday... brilliant snack credit and you can have any size drink for a credit. Venti Strawberry and Cream Frap was a challenge...

We were there for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, and you can get virtually all the food items with a snack credit...do it, I had about 4 different snacks one afternoon whilst doing the World showcase...yummy

Obvious one, but if you wanna do FOP and don’t have a FP, get up early and get to park before and as it opens. We did this and still had a 90 min wait but by 9.30 had done both the Pandora rides

Try and get involved on here with one of the Fireworks cruise share. Well worth it. Thinks ours worked out a £35 each in the end...

Use Photopass as much as you can. They are everywhere. Ask photographer if he can do any special shots... worth it

If you are going to do Busch Gardens, definitely do it on a weekday. Most rides were walk on for us
Geeza40 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Wal-Mart

Just discovered there is a new Wal-Mart just opened on Old Lake Wilson Road, at the 192 end. It's like the one on Hwy 27 but the new one on Independence Parkway is gorgeous, very posh for a Wal-Mart.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
Maybe it's just me, but part of a dining experience is going in, getting seated, looking and discussing the menu and deciding.

Pre ordering seems to fast food like for my liking.
You pre order the lunch which is quick serve, otherwise you do it at a counter, so you aren't losing any experience. You don't pre order dinner.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Mobile

If you go to Kennedy Space Centre and take a bus tour sit on the right hand side of the bus as you look forwards i.e. Sit on opposite side to the driver. That way you'll get to see more and get better photos!
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
TICH1952
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by The Hardys View Post
1 stay onsite
2 use magichours
3 pre book food if eating at bog
4 do ropedrop head for most popular ride
5 pack the bare essentials
Because we don't take children anymore (all grow up now) all we take to the parks are our magic bands, very small ponchos and phones.
This is made easier because we stay on a Disney resort, so if we buy anything it can get sent to our resort
TICH1952 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Top tip

I first went in 2005, believing that Florida was all about Walt Disney. Whilst impressed, if that had been the case, then I would never have returned.

Orlando is just a very small part of an amazing, very large State, with literally hundreds of great attractions littered across it and Disney just a part of that small part.
From Pensacola, all the way to Key West, then back up to Daytona, it is fabulous as a beach, as well as a theme park holiday.
Think wider and look at driving a ribbon during your vacation, rather than loads of return journeys by using multi city searches and research for flights.

Edited at 11:41 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

Can't stop spending

Great advice, use tesco vouchers to treble and book a night in universal hotel.
Here now, we had express passes but in honesty, before midday at this time of year, most rides 10 mins, up to 45 mins in the afternoon. Walking around park felt busy but rides not so. Gets really busy at the Harry Potter ends.
If you can carry drinks around you'll save a fortune.
Drinks $4 , grapes $4, melon chunks $4, beer 8$ and 3 cocktail pasties in Harry Potter land $8 and tasted awful. Paid 8$ for ice cream.
Eating at citywalk in the evening seemed more reasonable, 2 pizza, 1 salad 2 cokes 45$. Still pricey but you know it ain't budget.
Avoid the McDonald's on sand lake road.

Also I bought two kids eat free cards. In honesty so far wast of cash, look at you like your an alien in most places.

I'm using a fairfx card, great to use but offers no security, no one asks for a PIN number, rarely ask for a signature. If you lose it anyone could use it.
Needs another layer of security.
Have fun.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemsie0812
Very Serious Dibber

Gemsie0812's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry can you explain the Tesco vouchers bit please? I'm interested in using this to book a universal hotel
WC 2013,2020
Gemsie0812 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List