Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Cosworth
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by reece345 View Post
Always take travellers cheques never had a issue with them... rather use them than cards
I agree, we always take TC'c, but were disappointed to see that the Post Office now charge 1.5% fee when you buy them. Going to Dawson & Sanderson for them next time, they don't charge any fee.
Cosworth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Used them last year and we said we wouldn't use them again (shame, I love TC) but so many places wouldn't accept them, even at Disney (Epcot in particular) wouldn't take them. Universal and Publix were great with them and never had an issue.
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mapleoak
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Cosworth View Post
I agree, we always take TC'c, but were disappointed to see that the Post Office now charge 1.5% fee when you buy them. Going to Dawson & Sanderson for them next time, they don't charge any fee.
John Lewis do Travellers Cheques with no fee, as another option - that's where we got ours. Delivered next day.
mapleoak is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Shall80
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I've not read all replies so sorry if I'm repeating others.

I've always been a fan of TCs and refused to change to travel cards etc. However this time for the first time ever (last trip was 2 years ago) we've REALLY struggled. Some shops say they don't accept them any more (despite this being untrue a lot of the time as another person will allow you to use them in the same shop) while the staff in shops that do accept them don't know how to use them, meaning a long wait at the check out (stood for 20 mins in one outlet shop).

Unfortunately I won't be bringing them again...far less hassle to just keep on top of spends with a card than trying to change TCs in my opinion.

Hope this helps 😁
Shall80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 05:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

If I get to a shop that refuses to accept I will be asking for the manager. As for Epcot , find it a bit unacceptable that Disney employees would refuse. If they work on a till they should be trained to accept all denominations
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List