Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 4 Apr 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Today Hilton have sent me another voucher.. so we can now book 2 standard rooms and go away as a family.

I was more stunned than anything.. Looking back I don't know how I didn't lose my temper ... I'm not usually so reserved.. Even now it seems a crazy situation..

I am thankful we knew the area as well as we did and we've booked the Best Western for next year !
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
A good day apart from when you arrived at the hotel, cash or card what difference does it make it's all money at the end of the day. Good job you managed to find somewhere.

Love O'sheas though not as good as the old one, but a real fun pub.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
I don't know what it matters...

The Hilton have finally this week admitted they were wrong and sent me another voucher so we now have two.. Which we've redeemed for 2 rooms in a Hilton in Bham in June.. paying cash it would be nearly £300..

But they won't ever get any more money from me. I had got booked a Hilton in Charlotte for nearly $1400 in October I've cancelled that now..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Beggar pushing her own wheelchair then jumping in it... shocking! Terrible of Hilton to treat you like that,I can understand why you were so upset and angry.
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Have to agree - shocking treatment by Hilton. At least you seem reasonably happy with what they have given you - although it should have been more and I don't think they have given any apology? And obviously you have used Hilton a lot previously with no issue.

This is the email for the chief exec christopher.nassetta@hilton.com and I think I would be emailing him with a complaint about how you were treated, and to ensure that if this is their policy, they make it crystal clear during the booking process.

I think one day you will have to succumb and get a credit card though!
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Your photos are so good of your day, even the road trip looks ok (I love a road trip) but to end the day so badly is shocking from the Hilton's point of view and to be honest your treatment since hasn't really been what you would expect from the Hilton Group. I remember you posting about it when you were away. I'm glad it was sorted for you by another hotel and like you I wouldn't be giving them any more of my hard earned.
Old 13 Apr 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Well, an omg day all round !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I would love to be in the US on year for St paddys day, that or 4th July! One day...

Shame the sign wasn't green this time.

Great day up until your hotel, I remember reading about this before but still can't believe it. What possible reason could they have for turning away cash in advance!? I get that they may want a card for security but again, I know you offered cash and it's not like you look the type to trash a hotel room... you're a family who booked well in advance! Very strange situation & if it really was so they could re sell the room for double the amount that's terrible.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I remember reading about this on your highs and lows. Such poor treatment from Hilton. Good to hear you got two vouchers in the end, and good on Best Western for helping you out. I hope you left a review on TripAdvisor!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List