Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Apr 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Annual pass upgrade

I have ordered 14 day ultimates and considering upgrading to annual passes. Can I upgrade a UK ultimate ticket to a DVC annual pass?
If so, does anyone know roughly how much it would cost?

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Hollie- we are doing this in June.
I understand they take the purchase value of the ticket ( they can see it apparently) covert to dollars and then take off of the DVC price.
We plan to do this day two as we don't want to use the water park part either and have loads of WP left on an old unexpired ticket.
It can get tricky as you need to do it at a guest service at a park or Disney Springs. I have always found whatever you have to do with passes the best place where CM are more knowledgeable is Disney Springs.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks that's really helpful . Do you know if you can upgrade to a gold annual pass rather than premium?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
20Y you have just answered my next question I was wondering about the DVC discount if you were upgrading from an Ultimate as it would mean getting 2 Holidays out of an AP including the 31 Nighter
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
CLAIREYSIMPSON
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

we just upgraded two weeks ago, if you have a 14 day ultimate pass you can only upgrade to the premium plus pass as it includes water parks, we did ours at holywood studios on our first day and the lady was very helpful in guest services, they can see what you paid for your tickets and then they just take away the difference between that and the dvc price ( don't forget to add tax ) it worked out cheaper for us to buy premium passes as we are going back out at Christmas and staying a week at treeehouses, and villa, so the saving for parking Is good in itself, plus for this holiday we used the restaurant discounts and shopping discounts, which has saved us loads ( 20 off in some restauarants including some quick service )
hope this helps
CLAIREYSIMPSON is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by CLAIREYSIMPSON View Post
we just upgraded two weeks ago, if you have a 14 day ultimate pass you can only upgrade to the premium plus pass as it includes water parks, we did ours at holywood studios on our first day and the lady was very helpful in guest services, they can see what you paid for your tickets and then they just take away the difference between that and the dvc price ( don't forget to add tax ) it worked out cheaper for us to buy premium passes as we are going back out at Christmas and staying a week at treeehouses, and villa, so the saving for parking Is good in itself, plus for this holiday we used the restaurant discounts and shopping discounts, which has saved us loads ( 20 off in some restauarants including some quick service )
hope this helps
I thought that was only if you had used the water parks though. We never use the water parks so would be interested to know if this is definitely the case.
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by CLAIREYSIMPSON View Post
hope this helps
what did it cost you if you don't mind me asking.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohana7
Staying in the Castle

We just upgraded 4, 21 day tickets to platinum passes. We did not use the waterparks so did not need the plus option, and as we visit during blackout dates we could not have the DVC gold pass.
With the DVC discount, the total for 4 passes including tax was $1085. Approx $270 each We checked the price at MK, Epcot and Disney Springs, all quoted identical prices.
Ohana7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by maznorm View Post
I thought that was only if you had used the water parks though. We never use the water parks so would be interested to know if this is definitely the case.
My understanding from MR Tom Morrow is you can upgrade to whichever you want, however you just must not have used any water parks on the ultimate. We only want without. It is the price difference they will charge you I believe. I only want the lowest option.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have seen issues reported on US forums of upgrading if you used the mini golf as it is not an AP benefit.

These may be isolated incidents as consistency on this point is not Disney's forte but worth bearing in mind
vhm672 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List