Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Jun 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Well we upgraded at DS on Wednesday. I forgot to ask the calculation because it sounded about right. No issues going from 14 day ultimates to DVC Gold and we paid $275 each.
Thanks Hollie- hope you are having a wonderful time!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
$275 each to upgrade to dvc gold sounds quite a lot as it's $559 plus tax to begin with so roughly $600.that means you got $325 value for your 14 day ticket.i thought it may be more -obviously wishful thinking on my part!
thanks for the information though-may change my mind about upgrades
I agree with this.
Its got me worried as after upgrading to 21 day tix, i'm hoping to pay not much more than $100/€100 each to upgrade to AP.

Better make sure I've done my sums before i go!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post

$275 each to upgrade to dvc gold sounds quite a lot as it's $559 plus tax to begin with so roughly $600.that means you got $325 value for your 14 day ticket.i thought it may be more -obviously wishful thinking on my part!
thanks for the information though-may change my mind about upgrades
Yes I started to think that afterwards too. I wonder if she took our sterling price without converting to dollars. I'm kicking myself for not asking.

Edit: Actually at worst we've lost about $30/40 per ticket. We paid £282 with a £5 off code (not sure which price they'd use) so roughly $350 at tourist rates or $360 at the interbank rate. It's still not quite adding up but not as bad as it looks at first glance. We did get quite a good deal on our tickets in the first place.

Edited at 05:25 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

It's useful info for everyone so I appreciate your post.we need to upgrade 8 tickets so every dollar counts -plus we may do the other parks next year ,will definately check the calculations when i check costs,hope you are having a great time
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It's useful info for everyone so I appreciate your post.we need to upgrade 8 tickets so every dollar counts -plus we may do the other parks next year ,will definately check the calculations when i check costs,hope you are having a great time
Yes it's a big difference across 8 tickets! I've heard people say that they've had different numbers at different places so really should have checked. Not much that we can do now though :/. We're home now but had a good time .
Old 13 Jun 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Yes it's a big difference across 8 tickets! I've heard people say that they've had different numbers at different places so really should have checked. Not much that we can do now though :/. We're home now but had a good time .
I heard this too about prices- I am taking my receipt from Disney UK so I can prove what I paid per ticket and then will have an exchange rate ready!
So glad you had a great time!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Just in case anyone is interested, I got in touch with member services about the discrepancy with our ticket prices. The price they give is what was paid to Disney and we had bought through an agent who obviously paid less than us for the tickets. One to remember in future if we have plans to upgrade! I think we lost more in the extra upgrade fee than we saved by mot buying directly from Disney in the first place.
Old 9 Jul 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Just to update, we paid around $49 to upgrade to a DVC Gold AP at DS. Epcot GS wanted us to pay $279.
We did pay £344 per 14 day ultimate pass though.
Old 10 Jul 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Just to update, we paid around $49 to upgrade to a DVC Gold AP at DS. Epcot GS wanted us to pay $279.
We did pay £344 per 14 day ultimate pass though.
Wow that's a big difference! Did they tell you how they calculated it to be $49?
Old 11 Jul 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if you upgrade to an annual pass form an ultimate, what day does the pass begin? The day you first used your ultimate or the day you upgrade?