Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 3 Jun 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Just seen this Lisa - sounds like you had a fabulous time! Can't wait to read all about it.

Also now have the massive guilts for not even have thought about starting mine yet haha xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile

Where did you hire the super car from? Looks like you had an amazing time
Old 4 Jun 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
Sounds amazing, can't wait to read the TR, congratulations on the baby news!
Thank you so much! First instalment has been written this evening, I shall post tomorrow!

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Just seen this Lisa - sounds like you had a fabulous time! Can't wait to read all about it.

Also now have the massive guilts for not even have thought about starting mine yet haha xx
Haha I started to have a panic about how much I have to write and thought the sooner I get started the better! Managed to get travel day done today but then that's the shortest one to write!

Can't wait for yours!

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
Where did you hire the super car from? Looks like you had an amazing time
We hired it from LV Cars which is situated in the Royal Resort hotel. They were brilliant, definitely recommend!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TracyW
Imagineer

Oh yes, LA traffic, took us 2 and 3/4 hours to drive from Santa Monica to Anaheim, what a waste of time, spoilt my plans for an evening in the parks :angry: Glad you had a great time, we had a fab time too, seems ages ago now

Amerihost Resort 2002, ASMovies May/June 2004, AKL 7/8 June 2004, ASMovies April 2006, DLRP Explorers Hotel Nov 2006, CB Aug 2008, Sequoia Lodge DLRP Aug 2009, POR Oct 2011, West Coast 2013, POR 2015, AMI 2015, DLC 2017, POR 2023
TracyW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TracyW View Post
Oh yes, LA traffic, took us 2 and 3/4 hours to drive from Santa Monica to Anaheim, what a waste of time, spoilt my plans for an evening in the parks :angry: Glad you had a great time, we had a fab time too, seems ages ago now
Oh goodness, there just seems to be no avoiding it! I don't know how people live out there, it would drive me insane! A small price to pay for such an amazing trip though and I guess if that is the only low then we did very well
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm so glad that the highs were so high! At least with the traffic being bad, Paul got to spend longer with his dream car. Every cloud...

Can't wait to read more! Hurry up now 😼
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Cannot wait for the full report, it seems you fell for the West Coast the same way we did back in 2014. Its just such a dream holiday isn't it!?

We had that same nightmare journey from SM to LB, ended up telling my phone to avoid the interstate meaning we went through lots of beach front towns, some nice, some really not! Better than the 6 lane queuing on the 405 though!

I think the whole appetite loss thing was the biggest low for me on our trip (mother in law aside)! It's awful having such amazing opportunities for food & not being able to fully cash them in isn't it! Sods law that my appetite is back with a vengeance now and I can't get my hands on that beautiful Cheesecake Factory grub!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
I'm so glad that the highs were so high! At least with the traffic being bad, Paul got to spend longer with his dream car. Every cloud...

Can't wait to read more! Hurry up now 😼
Haha we were back in the family wagon when we hit all the LA traffic sadly! Probably for the best really as the air con was a life saver!

Travel day has been written, I shall post later I promise!

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Cannot wait for the full report, it seems you fell for the West Coast the same way we did back in 2014. Its just such a dream holiday isn't it!?

We had that same nightmare journey from SM to LB, ended up telling my phone to avoid the interstate meaning we went through lots of beach front towns, some nice, some really not! Better than the 6 lane queuing on the 405 though!

I think the whole appetite loss thing was the biggest low for me on our trip (mother in law aside)! It's awful having such amazing opportunities for food & not being able to fully cash them in isn't it! Sods law that my appetite is back with a vengeance now and I can't get my hands on that beautiful Cheesecake Factory grub!
I knew it would be an awesome holiday but I truly enjoyed it even more than I imagined I would... I am so desperate to get back to DLR already!

Ah I am happy to hear it isn't only me with the loss of appetite! It became quite a running joke between Paul and I as I would go from being absolutely starving one minute and then completely not hungry at all the next... most surreal! Glad to hear it has come back for you though, I look forward to my love of food returning soon!
Old 5 Jun 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Congratulations to you both! Lovely news!
I'm looking forward to reading your report too

Edit; Just had a nose at your announcement on your pre trip report too, how cute!

Edited at 05:43 PM.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Congratulations to you both! Lovely news!
I'm looking forward to reading your report too
Thank you so much, we are so excited!

Travel day has just been posted!