Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 16 Jun 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

What a great day :-) Love the idea of the bump badge - so cute and such a lovely photo for them to have when they are older :-)

World of Colour looks awesome!

Looking forward to reading more :-) x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaty View Post
Oh wow, DCA looks amazing! I can see why you love it so much and I'm just getting more excited! Another Feb day, thanks for sharing. X
Ah not long for you to go now... you are going to absolutely love it! (And I want a full review of Guardians of the Galaxy when you are back! )

Originally Posted by twinkleshmoo View Post
Lovely day, so many great PP shots and that was such a sweet idea with Bump's badge 💗

Cars Land really does look fab xx
I absolutely loved Cars Land (as you have probably guessed, I so wish they had plans to bring it to WDW... it would be amazing to have it there too!

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
What a great day :-) Love the idea of the bump badge - so cute and such a lovely photo for them to have when they are older :-)

World of Colour looks awesome!

Looking forward to reading more :-) x
I was really pleased with the bump badge photo, I may have to print it out to put in a little frame in the nursery
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Really enjoying your report. Another full on day.

Fiddle, Fife & Practical is not only a long name but its got one of those Disney back stories that Disney loves to add too. From Disney Park Blogs it reads...

This 1930s-era eatery was established by Dolly, Dottie and Ethel Bounds, known professionally as Fiddler, Fifer & Practical (aka the Silver Lake Sisters). They spent a good part of their lives performing the vaudeville circuit, entertaining the troops in World War I and becoming minor celebrities in nightclubs along the then‐emerging Sunset Strip in Hollywood.

After 20 years of singing, dancing and playing their instruments (Dolly on violin, Dottie on flute, Ethel on piano), the sisters decided to put down roots on Buena Vista Street. The idea came from Ethel, the practical one. She had always handled the trio’s business affairs and was constantly urging her sisters to settle down and open a legitimate business. They finally agreed, joining together to open Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café, with its name an homage to their act.

Disney couldn't just have a run of the mill starbucks
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Love that you got the baby a first visit badge, such a cute idea .

Cars land lit up at night looks amazing!

Love Bubba Gumps, we're down in London in September and definitely visiting the one there. Last time I went I couldn't have my favourite cocktail, I can't wait .

Well done for another busy day, you're making me feel exhausted just reading it all . I could barely function at your stage of pregnancy, never mind fit so much Disney fun into one day! xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Great day. You definitely make the most of your time.

Loving the photos. Disney looks great at night!
Old 16 Jun 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely day Lisa - you really do know how to power through! Pregnancy or no pregnancy that is a mammoth effort.

Your photos look so beautiful, I can see why you loved DCA. The rides sound so fun too.

World of colour looks fab, glad you enjoyed.

And really cute idea with the badge xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Another fabulous day.
Love your bump badge shot, what a great idea!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Wishing View Post
Really enjoying your report. Another full on day.

Fiddle, Fife & Practical is not only a long name but its got one of those Disney back stories that Disney loves to add too. From Disney Park Blogs it reads...

This 1930s-era eatery was established by Dolly, Dottie and Ethel Bounds, known professionally as Fiddler, Fifer & Practical (aka the Silver Lake Sisters). They spent a good part of their lives performing the vaudeville circuit, entertaining the troops in World War I and becoming minor celebrities in nightclubs along the then‐emerging Sunset Strip in Hollywood.

After 20 years of singing, dancing and playing their instruments (Dolly on violin, Dottie on flute, Ethel on piano), the sisters decided to put down roots on Buena Vista Street. The idea came from Ethel, the practical one. She had always handled the trio’s business affairs and was constantly urging her sisters to settle down and open a legitimate business. They finally agreed, joining together to open Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café, with its name an homage to their act.

Disney couldn't just have a run of the mill starbucks
Wow that's a fab bit of insider knowledge... every day is a school day! Thank you for sharing!

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Love that you got the baby a first visit badge, such a cute idea .

Cars land lit up at night looks amazing!

Love Bubba Gumps, we're down in London in September and definitely visiting the one there. Last time I went I couldn't have my favourite cocktail, I can't wait .

Well done for another busy day, you're making me feel exhausted just reading it all . I could barely function at your stage of pregnancy, never mind fit so much Disney fun into one day! xx
Oh brilliant, I love the one in London! Spoiler alert... we actually have a bad Bubba Gump experience later in the trip but I won't dwell on that now!

Haha I think I really was running on pixie dust... I even surprised myself!

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Great day. You definitely make the most of your time.

Loving the photos. Disney looks great at night!
It certainly was a jam-packed day full of fun! Disney brings out the energy in us it seems!

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
What a lovely day Lisa - you really do know how to power through! Pregnancy or no pregnancy that is a mammoth effort.

Your photos look so beautiful, I can see why you loved DCA. The rides sound so fun too.

World of colour looks fab, glad you enjoyed.

And really cute idea with the badge xx
DCA really is the most beautiful park, it would be impossible to not fall in love with it I think... I was totally smitten!

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Another fabulous day.
Love your bump badge shot, what a great idea!
So lovely to see that you all think it was a good idea and not too cheesy... this baby has no choice but to share our love of Disney! Future Dibber in the making!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchs Ohana
Proud to wear my Ears

Stitchs Ohana's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: -1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
ohhh and a cheesecake factory too... another reason I need to go.

The parks look amazing at night. You really are packing a lot in and having great fun even. Looking forward to reading more.

Rodeway Inn (I-Drive 1996); Highlands Reserve Villa (2001); Calabay Parc Villa (2008);
Hampton Lakes Villa (2010); Woodrige Villa (2014); Dibb Villa ~ Drumtochty, Solterra Resort (2019 & 2024) ;
Stitchs Ohana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Hehehe I love your plane and bear impressions and well done to Paul for winning Woody! Woo!

Awww the wee photoshoot in front of the falls is lovely too In fact, all your PP photos are fab! You definitely got your money’s worth. Good work!

DCA does look very impressive, especially Cars Land. Not sure about the ToT overhaul though. Not keen. If they do that at WDW I will lose my [you know what].

Oh those photos with the bump badge are just toooooo cute Such a lovely keepsake!

Everything looked stunning at night all lit up in DCA and I love the sound of the Monsters Inc ride. I do like interactive things, so the Roz bit sounds right up my street Especially if she throws out compliments Hehe!

Such a fab day and your stamina always amazes me! Even preggars you are an unstoppable force!

xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List