Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Aug 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
It's definitely the most stressful part! Worst bit is the tutting from other passengers when you're piling everything out your bag!
Haha. We flew premium last time and we were last on (I purposely hung back so we wouldn't be sat for long) and the looks I got when I got on with the only child in the whole cabin and she happened to be a toddler! I heard the woman in front whisper to her husband "you've got a child behind you" and roll her eyes, and he said "oh god!" And I thought we've just got on! So I smiled sweetly and said "dont worry I come armed with lots of toys and snack for her so hopefully she won't bother you" Think she was mortified I saw the exchange and she told me not to worry and I'm sure it'll be fine. 4hrs into the flight and she was playing peek a boo through the seat with her!
Anyway we've two toddlers this time in premium economy so I'm sure that will be well received!

Edited at 08:55 AM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Cavvy View Post
Why is it so difficult to take your suitcases up the escalators onto the monorail? If adults take 2 cases each, would that not work?
If it's just suitcases then yes, it's easy. The problem is when you have small children and need to hold their hand or you have a buggy etc.

We are lucky enough to have 3 adults travelling so one adult waits at the top of the escalator, one adult waits at the bottom and the 3rd adult goes backwards & forwards with all the luggage (you need someone at either end of the escalator to look after the kids/cases whilst fetching the rest). I'm not sure if this would work anymore though as have heard that staff sometimes stop you going back down the stairs.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Aren't the second carousels somewhere near the car rental desks (or am I thinking about Tampa). I'm sure in the past one of us has waited for the luggage whilst the other has been queuing or dealing with the car hire.
Old 3 Aug 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Aren't the second carousels somewhere near the car rental desks (or am I thinking about Tampa). I'm sure in the past one of us has waited for the luggage whilst the other has been queuing or dealing with the car hire.
According to this map (which I seem to be posting daily at the minute ) the second carousel for VS is 8A on A side and TC is 28B on B side. Both on level 1.

No idea where they are other than that I'm afraid.

orlandoairports/getting-around-mco/

Mick
Old 3 Aug 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
If it's just suitcases then yes, it's easy. The problem is when you have small children and need to hold their hand or you have a buggy etc.

We are lucky enough to have 3 adults travelling so one adult waits at the top of the escalator, one adult waits at the bottom and the 3rd adult goes backwards & forwards with all the luggage (you need someone at either end of the escalator to look after the kids/cases whilst fetching the rest). I'm not sure if this would work anymore though as have heard that staff sometimes stop you going back down the stairs.
Yes i dont think you are allowed back down once you at the top.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Cavvy View Post
Why is it so difficult to take your suitcases up the escalators onto the monorail? If adults take 2 cases each, would that not work?
Its not just cases. If you have children and a pram etc thats where the difficulty is.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by amandajane10 View Post
Yes i dont think you are allowed back down once you at the top.
Legally you shouldn't do this.

Although there's no physical barrier, the bottom of the escalator is still airside and the top (monorail level) is landside. I have seen staff enforcing it but maybe sometimes they ignore it.

Mick
Old 3 Aug 17, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Legally you shouldn't do this.

Although there's no physical barrier, the bottom of the escalator is still airside and the top (monorail level) is landside. I have seen staff enforcing it but maybe sometimes they ignore it.

Mick
Wow, really?! I'd have expected more of a barrier! They definitely have ignored it in the past as we've done it loads of times - guess we'll need a new tactic next time then
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Wow, really?! I'd have expected more of a barrier! They definitely have ignored it in the past as we've done it loads of times - guess we'll need a new tactic next time then
Yes - if you walk through it in your head. You go through the customs desk, up the escalator and you're on the monorail. No barriers or gates between the two.

It seems that some airport staff interpret laws in their own ways sometimes.

A bit like some saying you don't need to declare tea bags but the official US C&BP says you should or risk a $10,000 fine.

Mick
Old 3 Aug 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Avoid at all costs! We had to wait over an hour for our luggage last May! Wont make that mistake again!

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List