Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Aug 17, 04:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Oh my gosh! It seems like no one as a good word on them. I honestly thought with a tracking number a parcel couldn't get lost. More fool me.
I have lots of things delivered by Hermes and never had a problem. I think it comes down to the local person.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
I have lots of things delivered by Hermes and never had a problem. I think it comes down to the local person.
This. A friend of mine is the local delivery person. The only problem is we end up nattering for ages and he also 'gifts' me all the parcels for the rest of the Cul de Sac if the recipients are out.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

We have had awful trouble with Hermes this week.

I always have parcels sent to my Nan's house as she is always home, she is 90 years old. 2 weeks ago the hermes driver told her she needed 'to move quicker' to answer the door bell!

They are truly shocking
Old 17 Aug 17, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

I've only ever had one parcel delivered by them, I was at work and it said delivered and signed for on a tracking email I had. I contacted my partner and she said we had received nothing.

Got home at around 4pm and sure enough it wasn't there... then at around 7:45pm (ish) a car pulled up outside and a bloke came and knocked on, just gave me the parcel and quickly shuffled off...

Not a clue who signed for it, as it was supposed to need a signature.. I contacted the customer services team but never heard back

Edited at 08:12 AM.
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by whlparkstone View Post
I always have parcels sent to my Nan's house as she is always home, she is 90 years old. 2 weeks ago the hermes driver told her she needed 'to move quicker' to answer the door bell!
That's terrible- maybe he needs to have a bit of patience!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
flossycandy
VIP Dibber

flossycandy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think that when do use online chat with them, it seems to come up with claims code issued. I have had a problem with one of my parcels and every time I have spoken to them, this comes up in the tracking information.
flossycandy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
Totally agree with this, our Courier is really good.
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

i use couriers everyday and although no hope in current situation they fall into two categories,

if paid per delivery avoid like plague (ie hermes, yodel, hdl,)

if paid a wage thats the one you want (ie tnt,ups,fedex)

they cost more but are so much better, if your not home they will just take it back to the depot no skin of there nose they are getting paid any way,

others will do all sorts i've had them forge signatures for stuff i have sent to regular customers that i know are not theirs, and same as others have said things left in bins people not ringing or knocking literally just throwing things out the window of van, if they dont drop they dont get paid so no mercy,

no help in this situation i know and i help you find it

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Couriers are a mixed bunch, around here my neighbour has had no end of issues with DPD , me nothing, always pleasant send a picture of where they left the parcel and pic of the driver.

Yodel- Lovely driver works his butt off and still delivers lateish in the evening when people get back from work ( poor man looks shattered most of the time)

UPS- not too bad , had to have 'words' with a driver for nearly kicking my door in once.
He told me I wasn't quick enough to come downstairs..

Hermes- No problems

Royal Mail- Sometimes questionable-They don't like knocking so will happily ram parcels through the letterbox (whether they fit or not)
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
shinystar
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I love hermes - but it is more my local delivery girl that delivers for lots of companies. she is amazing.
shinystar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List