Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
December Help and Advice Please

Hi
Ive just booked a sneaky two weeks from December 5th this year,
its been a long time since Ive been at the festive period so any help and advice really appreciated
I cant wait
one thing is the Christmas party worth it?
mushumadness is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our last visit to any park was in 2014 when we did MVMCP. Before that we hadn't been to any parks since 2010.

Our honest opinion of the party is that as a stand alone re-visit when you're not doing them on a 14 day ticket is that it was very enjoyable and worth it. If we'd already invested in a 14 day ticket I'm not sure that an extra visit just for the festive stuff wouldn't have been value for money.

Worth a trip to Celebration if only to drive round the houses. It also "snows" regularly on Market Street.

Mick
Old 16 Aug 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
thank you, yes we will have 14 day tickets
mushumadness is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
stink08
Very Serious Dibber

Hi we went to mvmcp last year, had been before in 2012 which we really enjoyed, this last time however i havent ever seen it so busy, xmas day was quieter, it was to be honest a lot of money to stand in mile long queues, you cannot use fastpass on the party nights! you get a cookie on the way in and hot choc but the queues for that were really long aswell, the parade and the shows were really good though, i suppose if you can look back at crowd numbers for the partys last year and sèe when the quieter nights are, im really not sure what date we went, but i think it was later in dec and possibly when all the schools had broken up, absolutly love december though, xmas decs everywhere are amazing and we had amazing weather last year also!
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We will overlap with you this year for most of your trip, we are really looking forward to our holiday

Personally I don't think it's worth it when you already have the 14 day ticket. We did it a few years ago, that year we had MYW tickets (I think 7 day) and then bought the MVMCP ticket on top of that bringing the total to approx. the same price as the 14 day ticket and we were able to use the MVMCP ticket on an 8th day entering MK at 4pm.

I'm glad we did it just to see what it was like but I wouldn't bother doing it a second time. The only benefit I felt we got was seeing the Christmas Parade, that was really nice. We somehow managed to miss the snow on Main St, although I did get to see that since on our last trip on a regular night closer to Xmas. We tried the cookies and hot chocolate but didn't like either (too sweet, and we love sweet things but they were a bit much).
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Our DS was 3 when we last did it and it was magical for him but as others have said not really worth the extra cost.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Mobile

Yes decided to leave it
My kids arnt great at sitting watching parades anyway (Lucas having autism
The sitting around for long periods upsets him)
Yes kk_cat looks like we
Do overlap
I can't wait we only booked on Thursday we arnt meant to be going back till April as we were there this april for three weeks
My husbands very
Much in the good books lol
Old 18 Aug 17, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Visit the resorts. AKL, WL and GF especially. Walk/Sleigh Ride around campsite at fort wilderness.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post

No advice for you as it's our first visit at Christmas but wanted to say hi as we are arriving on same day .
We have booked mvmcp as this will be our only Christmas visit and we will be moving to universal before Christmas parades etc start. Hoping they are worth the price but sure it's worth it as a one off.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Originally Posted by littleus View Post
No advice for you as it's our first visit at Christmas but wanted to say hi as we are arriving on same day .
We have booked mvmcp as this will be our only Christmas visit and we will be moving to universal before Christmas parades etc start. Hoping they are worth the price but sure it's worth it as a one off.
hi we are going across from manchester how about you