Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 May 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
monique
Very Serious Dibber

Well as stated earlier in this post, my husbands and childs ones are correct, mine however is not. I picked the castle one and got allocated a plain grey one. Rang them last week and they put a note on my file... this morning I got a notification on my monzo card for a full refund from WDW... when I checked my magic bands they are still there and still active, even the plain grey one which I didn't order. Confused is an understatement. Maybe they've refunded me to keep me sweet... problem is, I still didn't get the castle band that I upgraded to. ... I think as they refunded me, if the bands are still showing as they are now in October, I might just buy myself a new one at the airport when I arrive at MCO... after all, they did refund me for 3 upgrades ($31.95) and I'd probably not pick a band that was more than $24.99 anyway so I won't be out of pocket.

Disneyland Paris :1995, 2007 and 2011.
Los Angeles Disneyland :1996 & 2001.
Florida: April 2002,May 2004,June 2009,May 2012, April 2013,April 2015,May 2016 & October 2019, May 2024

Edited at 11:14 AM.
monique is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

I've just contacted customer services because my magic band order is not showing even though I have paid for it and the rest of my family have theirs showing. They told me that there are plenty of bands in stock but they only reserved a certain amount to begin with and these sold out very quickly. He told me that the demand was unexpected and they currently have now added extra the stock. There are still glitches on the system and no one can pay yet, but they are trying to sort this out.

I've been told to keep checking to see if my band shows, otherwise they will cancel and edit my order.
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I've been trying everyday since the 23rd of May and still no joy on upgrading my band
Old 13 Jun 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Really frustrating- I suspect they wont have it sorted before our trip. Prior to the announcement I was happy with the plain bands but after seeing the upgraded ones I'm now disappointed. I cannot believe how badly Disney have handled this. It was obvious there would be large demand, they could have done it on a rolling basis based on when people where staying.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
Really frustrating- I suspect they wont have it sorted before our trip. Prior to the announcement I was happy with the plain bands but after seeing the upgraded ones I'm now disappointed. I cannot believe how badly Disney have handled this. It was obvious there would be large demand, they could have done it on a rolling basis based on when people where staying.
You could always try phoning and seeing if they’ll give you a voucher towards the cost of an upgraded magic band. Especially as you are going so soon. It may come to nothing, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
JMDisneyfan
Getting Excited

I gave up on getting any themed ones before we go. Ordered the plain ones
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Really it sure it’s worth the $10 saving considering the effort it takes
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So i ordered upgraded magic bands and had an email last week saying they will be ready for collection from resort hotel, now today I get an email saying that one or more magic bands ran out of stock. I've looked on MDE and it looks like both mine and my husbands will be GREY yuk. I have been given a voucher of $30.00 towards the purchase of 2 bands and a code for free 2 day express shipping. As I am going in 22 days really frustrated and don't want the stress of ordering again. We only originally ordered them for me as I was the one that wanted a particular band. Has anyone else had this email and what are your feelings about it

Edited at 09:00 PM.
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Quick quick quick they now have about 7 of the premium bands to order now - go! 🤞👍😂
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yay! We both got the ones we want 😃 I’ve got spaceship earth OH has groot. Thanks for posting.

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List