Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 27 Jan 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
daisydoo
Apprentice Imagineer

Columbus Day

Although we don't go until next year, Columbus Day is slap bang in the middle of our holiday.

I know it is probably best to try and avoid the parks on that weekend but are any of the parks much quieter than the others (i.e AK as opposed to MK)?

We are thinking of maybe going to Kennedy Space Centre on Columbus Day itself so if anyone has any experience of what the crowd levels will be like there on that day, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Daisydoo
daisydoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

I would just wait for the busy day guide to come out to help you make the decisions.

Oct 2021 Disney World will be packed as the 50th Celebrations will have started.
Out of all the parks I would guess AK might be the best bet for the weekend. AK will be the only park with no new rides. Although they might announce something for AK so it won't matter which park you choose. They will all be packed.

Kennedy Space might be the better option for Columbus day.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

We were there last year and went to discovery cove on Columbus day, it was lovely and relaxing.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Columbus Day isn't that big of a holiday. Lots of places have sales but many people don't have the day off from work or it is a "floating"holiday and they choose to work and take another day off. Some kids will still have school.

If you can do something else, that may be fine but I wouldn't necessarily avoid WDW. My experience as someone who has been going since the Magic Kingdom opened, is WDW just keeps getting busier. Also fast pass has, in my opinion, made lines longer for standby riders.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Columbus Day was rammed when we were in discovery cove , it had max numbers in it 😭
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

We were in MK fro Columbus Day in 2018, it was rammed...
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List