Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 23 Jan 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dual_dragons
Trading Disney Pins

As mentioned nothing about W&D has been announced yet for 2021.

For 2020 it went on sale the start of March, this was before restrictions came in and was sold at normal capacity.
Keeping an eye out for this years as i have trip planned that coincides, but think it will end up virtual.

That being said London marathon seem optimistic for 50k people running at start of October.

I have done Dopey a few times and was registered for this year, really hoping it is back in 2022.
Would normally be booking flights around now for it. With everything going on not going to risk it and only travel that time of year for Dopey.
dual_dragons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
It’s absolutely the extra hurdles international participants will have, isn’t it... !
Yes! Under normal circumstances it is already harder to do a runDisney race as an international participant (I always get jealous in runDisney groups when the Americans talk of flying down to WDW just for the race weekend), and now with the additional issues with flights and quarantine and all there are just too many barriers for me to even think about doing a runDisney race at the moment.
Old 24 Jan 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Yes! Under normal circumstances it is already harder to do a runDisney race as an international participant (I always get jealous in runDisney groups when the Americans talk of flying down to WDW just for the race weekend), and now with the additional issues with flights and quarantine and all there are just too many barriers for me to even think about doing a runDisney race at the moment.
Me too 😢

Can’t wait to plan the next one though
Old 4 Feb 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
AP1991
Earning More Ears

I saw something yesterday on the FB groups that said the Disneyland Paris Race Weekend for 'Fall 2021' has just been confirmed as virtual..

I guess announcements about Disney World Wine & Dine race weekend will be next...
AP1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Me too 😢

Can’t wait to plan the next one though
It was so fun planning the one WDW runDisney trip I did! And I'm still using all the random things I bought at the Expo (where I went nuts and spent a slightly scary amount of money, thank goodness for the AP merchandise discount). Currently drinking out of a runDisney 2019 Tervis mug!

I suspect realistically I might be looking at Dopey 2023 if I want to do Dopey (still in two minds about this). Kind of feel like there will still be too many barriers in my way for 2022 even if it does happen, and I'm going to need several months to train for Dopey.

At the moment I'm seriously considering just buying Disney shares with the money I would have spent on runDisney race entry fees and hotels/tickets/etc, since it doesn't look like a WDW trip is going to happen any time soon for me!
Old 4 Feb 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AP1991 View Post
I saw something yesterday on the FB groups that said the Disneyland Paris Race Weekend for 'Fall 2021' has just been confirmed as virtual..

I guess announcements about Disney World Wine & Dine race weekend will be next...
I think you’re probably right but I’d guess the lead time for Paris is longer and the uncertainty of Europe vs Florida (when most race attendees are from the US) made the Paris decision more immediately obvious. Plus they’ve already declared most of the Paris hotels shut until after race weekend so...
Old 4 Feb 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
It was so fun planning the one WDW runDisney trip I did! And I'm still using all the random things I bought at the Expo (where I went nuts and spent a slightly scary amount of money, thank goodness for the AP merchandise discount). Currently drinking out of a runDisney 2019 Tervis mug!

I suspect realistically I might be looking at Dopey 2023 if I want to do Dopey (still in two minds about this). Kind of feel like there will still be too many barriers in my way for 2022 even if it does happen, and I'm going to need several months to train for Dopey.

At the moment I'm seriously considering just buying Disney shares with the money I would have spent on runDisney race entry fees and hotels/tickets/etc, since it doesn't look like a WDW trip is going to happen any time soon for me!
The planning is so much of the fun!

Dopey is epic but exhausting. I would love to do it a third time!
Old 4 May 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

Also hoping to be able to run the Dopey Challenge in 2022. Still not seen any news on when they are likely to release, but I guess they are waiting a little while longer to see how travel starts opening up.

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dual_dragons
Trading Disney Pins

I check regularly for any update, hoping for Wine & Dine weekend to go ahead in November, but think that will be too soon.
dual_dragons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Personally I think that realistically 2023 Dopey is looking more likely for me.

I've been running less over the last year. Wanted to try a marathon for the first time last year or this year but well, all in person running events where I am have been cancelled and no idea when they might start again. And it will take me months to train up to a marathon, much less Dopey... if I was wanting to do 2022 Dopey I would probably have to start training about now, but it's very hard to get motivated to train for something that may not happen!

(Plus, prevailing rules on travel where I live make overseas holidays very unlikely for the foreseeable future with no idea on when the rules might relax...)