Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jan 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gingerlife View Post
Have you managed to get away in it at all yet?
We've always been "caravvaners" but changed to a motorhome last year and haven't been away as much as we would have liked.
I'm sure you will have a great time when you do.
Only once when we picked it up in Sept ! Then I split with my partner and he had the tow bar. Going to get my car sorted and get away once camp sites open up
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Only once when we picked it up in Sept ! Then I split with my partner and he had the tow bar. Going to get my car sorted and get away once camp sites open up
That's shame, I'm sorry to hear that. You got the better deal by keeping the caravan though.
Hopefully once all of this is over and you get your tow bar sorted you will be on your travels.

Edited at 11:34 AM.
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

We've booked 5 nights in Christchurch in August.

Only problem is ds had his second operation cancelled last July and he's still waiting to find out when it will be. We can cancel 28 days before and have a refund.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven’t booked a U.K. back up, I’m not prepared to give up my Florida (or any other holiday abroad) dreams just yet. Its only January!
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

No. It’s tempting but unless things open up that we enjoy, what’s the point?
We like ski, sun or theatre breaks with nice food.
The UK is lovely but to be honest, a beach day in the UK is not my idea of fun. We do have some beautiful beaches but the water is absolutely freezing and most beaches are rammed and therefore my idea of hell. Plus, there’s no guaranteed sun or warmth (unless I’m trying to transport a wedding cake!)
Theatres are closed and walking is all we’ve done for the best part of a year.

That sounds so miserable but I just don’t see the point, much as I’d love a change of scenery.

Edited at 01:09 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we have florida booked late aug into sept and whilst i was quite optimistic when we booked im now not so sure we will make it

however having holidayed for a week in the Uk, in Northumberland this year we wont be repeating it

the value for money / costs just arent worth it factoring in the dodgy weather.. we will stay at home & have various days out, assuming we allowed to late August

Edited at 03:58 PM.
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List