Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 27 Jan 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

DH and I both signed up as we have put on a bit of weight recently. I ended up with blue plan and he got green plan. We don’t know what specific answers in the questionnaire we made that ended up with the different recommended plans. DH has a lot more daily points than me but proteins like eggs and chicken are 0 points for me but 2 points for him.

I haven’t worked much else out yet, I have looked at new recipes and I saw an exercise class yesterday but I was too late. I haven’t seen a sleep tracker, I might look for that later.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
DH and I both signed up as we have put on a bit of weight recently. I ended up with blue plan and he got green plan. We don’t know what specific answers in the questionnaire we made that ended up with the different recommended plans. DH has a lot more daily points than me but proteins like eggs and chicken are 0 points for me but 2 points for him.

I haven’t worked much else out yet, I have looked at new recipes and I saw an exercise class yesterday but I was too late. I haven’t seen a sleep tracker, I might look for that later.
There are some exercise classes that you can do 'on demand'. I've done a couple from the Mix It Up challenge and I've found that the 10 minute HIT type workouts work well for me as I get bored during a longer class.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post

I am blue too. I eat a lot of chicken and eggs so think that might have put me in that group. I’m just trying to get my head round it before I do my food shop today. Some of the recipes look lovely, i think it will be good to get a kick up the butt to cook something new and different to what we have been having. A change is always good as it’s easy to get stuck in a rut and have the same menus over a couple of weeks. I’m really looking forward to it.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sorry gang, I was completely out of it yesterday, as my sleep is completely up the wall and I only managed to fall asleep at 9 yesterday morning from the night before!

Anyhow, I signed up Monday night. My food delivery is a Saturday, so I’m sort of “making do” with what I already have in for the time being. I’m severely short on fruit and veg, so I’ve already got my online basket full of that, and I’m starting to look at easy meal planning for next week.

I think I’ll feel a whole lot better once I’m packing the fruit and veg in more, for sure.

Plan is to prep a big bowl of mixed fruit and keep it in the fridge to snack on.

I have managed to cut down on chocolate, which has been hard. I have a really bad sweet tooth anyway, and it had been getting really bad lately.

I don’t expect a massive loss this week, I’ve sort of joined off the cuff, so haven’t really been prepared, but next week I’ll be more than ready!

Hope everyone’s having a good week?

Xx
Old 29 Jan 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Scaramouche, could I just ask a quick question? Have you ever made the Pinch of Nom Diet Coke chicken? I made it last night and the book says it’s 0 points on Blue but when I inputted the ingredients on the app it was 3 points (1 each for tomato purée, balsamic and Worcestershire sauce). Just wondered if the points had been updated since the book was published or something. I tracked it as 3 points but every point counts.😂
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Did you point those ingredients separately or build it in the recipe section as that will give different results- ideally you should create it as a recipe. I’d not take the points in the book as correct without checking as sometimes the plan changes a bit and they are wrong. I don’t think the new books put the points in for that reason.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
Did you point those ingredients separately or build it in the recipe section as that will give different results- ideally you should create it as a recipe. I’d not take the points in the book as correct without checking as sometimes the plan changes a bit and they are wrong. I don’t think the new books put the points in for that reason.
Hi, I put all the ingredients in separately. I didn’t realise I could build as a recipe, that probably why it’s different. I am still getting used to the app, I think I need to play about with it a bit more.
Old 29 Jan 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Hi, I put all the ingredients in separately. I didn’t realise I could build as a recipe, that probably why it’s different. I am still getting used to the app, I think I need to play about with it a bit more.
Yeh definitely. The recipe builder is pretty useful- it’s a bit time consuming til you get used to it but it does mean you can calculate points for any recipe. It’s a bit faffy to find- I find it by clicking in the search bar at the top then selecting my foods, then recipes and then create. Don’t forget to alter the number for how many servings it makes and away you go! Hope that helps x
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Scaramouche, could I just ask a quick question? Have you ever made the Pinch of Nom Diet Coke chicken? I made it last night and the book says it’s 0 points on Blue but when I inputted the ingredients on the app it was 3 points (1 each for tomato purée, balsamic and Worcestershire sauce). Just wondered if the points had been updated since the book was published or something. I tracked it as 3 points but every point counts.😂
Hey

So I haven’t ever made it - with the points, did you put in the amount used, or the amount per portion? I’ve never had any difference between inputting them individually and the recipe maker to be honest and I do use it quite a bit because it gets on my nerve adding in all the ingredients all the time 😂
I know I use tomato purée in spag bol, but it is 0 for the serving.

I don’t use blue, I use green so if anything it should be less not more on yours. Xx

Edit: I’ve just looked again. So tomato purée is counted as “serving - 1sp”. However I put it in as a tablespoon and that’s 0 so I use 2 tablespoons, but it’s split between 2 people, so 1 each and that’s 0sp. Hope that helps!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 10:03 AM.
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Been absent for a couple of days, huge house move for my parents and an incredibly bad mental health dip for me.

Should be back today we have Cajun chicken tonight
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List