Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Those that are confident - children?

Hi all,

I keep ready various threads to gauge how confident people are of going later in the year & I just wondered - those that are confident, are you a family with children or adults only?

I’m sat here focussing on all of the positive posts, in the hope that they are right and we will get to go in October, but then it struck me that those that are positive might feel that way as they are confident they will of had the vaccines by then.

We are a family with two boys aged 17 and 14, so presumably they won’t of had their vaccines by October - are those of you with children still confident, or should I be expecting family trips to be unlikely to happen this year?

I don’t want to give up hope altogether, but I also want to be a realist about it too!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Im confident. book last january to go december 9th this year. were a family with 3 kids aged 6 (will be 7), 10 and 14 (will be 15)
I see people sayng not a chance this year so ive booked for feb 22... that only 2 months later, were 11months away now.
At the end of the day we cant live like this forever. If ecverything is cancelled this year how likely is it for them to go ahead next year? how likely is it for the airline to still be here? I completely understand those who are not wanting to book but i had booked before all of this and I know if it gets cancelled I will just have to move to next year but then my eldest will be in college.
Im looking for positives. this jab is going to pick up speed soon, look at the rate theyre vaccinating now. The entire world will be vaccinating and again, itll speed up as time goes on. and i know it doesnt stop you catching or transmitting it etc but it is going to reduce how severe the symptoms are. Less deaths from covid means its less of a threat.
theyre testing new medicines all the time too to give to those who are poorly. i think that will be what we see more of next winter.
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Hi Amy 👋

We are meant to be going in October 2021.

One of our group has already been vaccinated; two maybe three will be done in Group 6 (so soon). We are assuming that at some point it may be possible for the only one of us who won’t ‘qualify’ to pay for one privately - obviously only when all the people who have extra needs have been done first.

I can’t see how foreign holidays can restart without this personally which may mean our October plans may not go ahead but I’m keeping a very open mind on that for the time being.

Edited at 04:14 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Hi I'm booked to go September 2021 with my 3 children ages 3, 12 and 13. I dont know how confident I am that it will happen. I change my mind daily but im refusing to cancel. Il wait it out and plan like we are going (gives me something to look forward to) and I guess in a few months or so we will get more of an idea if its likely. I just can't cancel now and have nothing to look forward to! As people say alot can happen in 8 months so I'm hopeful!
Old 26 Jan 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

I'm hoping still (for July).
We are booked to go for four weeks, so we can isolate if needed as long as we are allowed to do it in a villa, Can also isolate on return as not back in school until Sept.
I'm anticipating us to have had the vaccine as we're over 50 and think I may have to secure a negative test for my boys - but I'm willing to do that...

Your 17 year old should be offered the vaccine I think too...
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I have everything crossed for our Christmas trip. It’s me and dc (13 and 16 when we go) if the opportunity to buy a vaccine comes up I will if it means we can go.
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I've not yet given up on our October trip, but making because it's just DH & I and we've both been vaccinated through our jobs.

It's the US side that worries me, I have every faith in our NHS to roll out the vaccine program efficiently.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
we are a family kids are 9/9/11/12
im in my 30s husband 40s so dont know how long till we get ours
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

We are hoping to travel in November (delayed from October ‘20) but our two kids will only be 2 & 4 by then. It’s not just being able to go for us, it depends on what mask requirements are etc too.

I’ve done provisional planning but also don’t want to get my hopes up. Will reevaluate at the start of summer.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Grandparents travelling with our children and grandchildren as well as our own trip. I am confident. We may or may not be vaccinated by then but if they cancel then we will just rebook and then shift all our confidence to the next date. Nothing we can do until all they lift the travel ban so until then we will plan and hope for the best.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List