Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jan 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
It always amazes me that people can sign up to a forum and agree to the terms and conditions and then either break them or grumble about them. Either don't sign up or join another forum. Simples.

Thank you to the managers and moderators for all you do
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

The dibb is a great place to learn what other people are thinking during all sorts of events in the world.
12 months ago it was a place to find and pass on tips for all things Disney.
Now it’s a much wider spectrum due to an ever changing world. I have had my opinions changed so many times after reading some great threads. By far the majority of people on here are considerate, humble and friendly. It’s great entertainment and makes the days more bearable. Just like reading a good book. Thanks stu and the dibb.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I find people on here to be incredibly helpful, thoughtful and kind. The political section is a little out of my league so I don’t go there 🙈 I do browse and ask a few sections on the current issues section 👍🏻👍🏻
I would be at a loss without the dibb so I thank you Stu and other mods for all your hard work.
I do hope I have never offended anyone, if I have I am so sorry as I would never intentionally do that. I often worry when I don’t reply to each individual post. I do read and appreciate every one of them 💗
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

You've made a great group - it's still here even though no-one is planning, booking and obsessing over minor decisions which make a massive difference to our holidays. I'm often surprised that so many seem to 'know' each other - I can probably count on one hand the number of names/people I recognise but that probably says more about me.

Most of us have bagged bargains from hundreds off flights to a few dollars off lunch as well as adding stuff to the agenda (or striking it off).

Great group, great admin, although I can't be the only one wanting to write 'Stu is an idiot' just to see what will happen?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by archibald View Post
I can't be the only one wanting to write 'Stu is an idiot' just to see what will happen?
I've been an idiot many times in the past and I'm sure I will be again

I've been called worse apparently I was Nazi yesterday and I needed to go 'procreate' with myself, although they didn't use that exact phrase

For now I just want the International borders to open up so we can all get back to planning and looking forward to our holidays, be that Disney, Florida or anywhere else.
Old 27 Jan 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

I purposefully didn't sign up to the political groups forum, which is perhaps why I don't see as much of what you are describing.

In my experience however, having been a member for over a decade, I have found Dibbers to be a unique group of people but with many common interests, mainly Disney, who I enjoy interacting with and reading about.

Over the past 18 months - the most difficult in my whole life, I have enjoyed the entertainment from many threads, but most of all the kindness of both words and gestures from so many Dibbers who unknowingly have brought a smile to my face, often after a day full of tears. It has so often been a little bit of sunshine on a dark day.

So thank you Stu, moderators and members. I hope the Dibb continues to be well-moderated and populated by similar minded people who just want to help others and live their lives well.

: heart:
Old 27 Jan 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
You can't please all of the people all of the time, it's true also, there's nowt queer as folk...

I have similar on various Fb groups I admin, some people just can't help but think they know it all and when called out they become keyboard warriors.

You can only do your best and deal with the fractious minority when they raise their head

Keep up the good work :-)

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I've been an idiot many times in the past and I'm sure I will be again

I've been called worse apparently I was Nazi yesterday and I needed to go 'procreate' with myself, although they didn't use that exact phrase

For now I just want the International borders to open up so we can all get back to planning and looking forward to our holidays, be that Disney, Florida or anywhere else.
Being the eternal optimist Stu I've posted on here a number of times recently that hopefully we will soon be posting again about hire car/Uber, on-site/villa, Longhorn/Outback et al.

Sadly though as apart from MCMCP in 2014 we haven't been to a park since 2010 and I sometimes feel unqualified to post here.

I've suggested in the past changing the forum to Florida Information Bulletin Board then I can happily refer to other posters as Fibbers.

Any thoughts?

Mick
Old 27 Jan 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by hermione25 View Post
I purposefully didn't sign up to the political groups forum, which is perhaps why I don't see as much of what you are describing.
Hi, I’m an active member of the ‘politics forum’ and its not a bad place at all. Well moderated where needed and some healthy debate. I understand the current issues forum is a bit more heated😀
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Hi, I’m an active member of the ‘politics forum’ and its not a bad place at all. Well moderated where needed and some healthy debate. I understand the current issues forum is a bit more heated😀
I suspect the difference is that most people expect the politics forum to have people from both/all sides of the political spectrum posting in there and so are ready for views that may be quite disagreeable to theirs to be posted

The issues forum though is really just "General Chat" focussed on a specific element of current life that is stressful to everyone, and so differing opinions in there are probably "triggering"

I know some of my posts haven't been popular with all, but I've also had messages from others saying that they appreciate the "other side" being talked about. I realise some of my views may not be what others think, but I try to keep my posts "on topic" and not a direct jibe at the person who posts it (sometimes I fail in this regard)

I also feel the issues thread is one that can't be unsubscribed as often a perfectly non-COVID discussion gets a response that directs it towards CV19 for a bit and it gets moved to the issues forum, thereby removing the earlier part of the conversation from anyone who has opted out of the CV19 thread

But - when all said and done, Admin are doing a great job keeping us all playing happily
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List