Notices

Old 29 May 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I hope you do keep this trip report, that was a good idea of Jo to put a link at the start to the new part so you don't put off new posters who don't want to read about a trip that wasn't meant to be. I'm sad your trip has been delayed but with the unknown about cruises starting up I think moving it was the best idea for you. I'm looking forward to getting back to proper trip planning and not this limbo we're in at the moment.

I think i will keep it! I put a lot of work into the cruise research and our holiday will be based around the same idea. Once I do my newest update i'll create a new link for the starting page.

I actually haven't looked into what the plans for reopening the cruise lines were or when they think they might. Ive heard a rumour or two that they think September - December is more likely. The Disney cruise line are super clean so i feel like its probably one of the safest cruise lines to be on once they do open.

Now we've rebooked i feel like i can start the proper planning again. I dont know where we will be at this point next year but i can now believe my holiday will go ahead and it will be "normal" and therefore normal planning returns

I hope you find yourself in this position sometime soon its far less stressful than what your currently going through at the moment i imagine
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Update

Hi everyone

I thought it was about time for an update! I've been away from the Dibb for a while as i just didn't really feel like updating. I've not been watching Vlogs as I dont want to see the parks how they are at present and its always a sad feeling when you know you should be going next month and cant. I had a reminder on my phone this week to start booking fastpasses

Anyway I thought i'd let you know whats been going off. I had pretty much thought from lockdown there was no way we were going away this year however we continued to buy our Disney and Universal tickets as they told us if we couldn't travel they could be used next year. So they are all paid for and can be used next year.

The next thing was the cruise, our final balance date was fast approaching and so I rang disney and explained theres no way we would be able to come and could we change the booking to next year. I'd read that concierge is non refundable and non changeable so hoping this would be ok. It was absolutely fine, the cruise was changed to next year free of charge around the same dates and we even got to pick a better room! Sorted.

The villa was easy too! We hadn't paid anything and the Villa is owned by friends of friends so we asked if we could move the booking until next year around the same dates and it was no problem so another thing easily sorted.

Last was the flights, we knew we weren't going but we hadn't heard anything about flights. We tried to apply for a travel voucher but it was declined. It was getting to final payment day and the flights were still down to go ahead. We had only paid the deposit so thought we may just lose this. I went to log on to our booking the day before final payment and the date had changed. This made me wonder if they knew they were about to cancel so we waited it out and they did! Refund was in my account after 5 days and we haven't lost any money and we've rebooked for next year.

I've been on the park booking system today and added our tickets on to the account for next year. I've actually booked park days for all of next year. No real planning to it i just picked each park in a loop and started again. The main thing is we have the reservations and can get into a park each day. I'm hoping by this point they wont be needed and park hoppers will be back but who knows.

Thats everything really! I will try and keep you as up to date now as I can. The hope is we will go next year as its been far too long now. I'm not overly sad about no fireworks but i hope by the time we go all rides, food and characters are a go. I must admit i haven't been keeping up to date so i'm not sure what is and isn't allowed in the parks at the moment.

Speak soon
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List