Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Nov 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Really enjoying your report, thanks for taking the time to do it. 😊
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Good start. Food choices look yummy. Looking forward to reading more.
Old 23 Nov 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
Really enjoying your report, thanks for taking the time to do it. 😊
Thanks it’s so much fun to relive it but it also makes me hungry lol
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by JackyH View Post
Good start. Food choices look yummy. Looking forward to reading more.
My god all the food was really good, best is yet to come
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 2

Be Our Guest

I’d booked us in for an early lunch reservation at Be Our Guest, we skipped breakfast and headed straight there.

After checking in we waited about 5 minutes to be let into the castle, we then waited half hour to order our food. It’s safe to say we all got hangry, and it wasn’t a very good experience.

We managed to find a seat in the music room and our food wasn’t long.

I ordered the French dip sandwich and a peach Bellini.

I really enjoyed this, there was a lovely garlicky flavour in there too and as I’m writing this I want to eat it again. The drink was really nice too and I had a few sips of Mums soda so it wasn’t all alcohol. If these sound like dishes that you might like, All I can say is order them!

Mum and Bro both got the turkey sandwich. They also really enjoyed their sandwiches.

Dad went with the braised chicken coq au van style. He really enjoyed this and liked dipping it into the jus that came with my French dip.

We all really enjoyed the food and it’s a great quick service credit. The only draw back is the queue to order, half an hour really puts a massive dampener on the experience. If you know what you want, preorder as the people who had probably only waited 10 mins. If you’re on the DDP this is well worth a trip or two, I wish I’d booked us in here a second time.

Plaza Ice-cream Parlour

Around 3ish we got a bit peckish so strolled over to Main Street USA to grab an ice cream.

I got the all American Sundae with cookies and cream ice cream and no cream or cherry.

This is soooooo good! They are really good at swapping or leave bits off for you. This is a fab use of a snack credit.

Mum, Dad and bro all got the plaza sundaes, they all really enjoyed as well, stops here always go down well.

Raglan Road

We checked in a little early for our half 7 reservation and asked to be seated in the main area where we could see the stage, this is worth doing as the main stage entertainment is amazing.

My brother and I ordered the OMG burger. I asked for mine with no cheese.

It’s was so good, my favourite burger that I’ve had in Florida. My brother enjoyed it too but as he doesn’t like Raglan Road for some weird unknown reason he was reluctant to say it was anything more than ok.

Mum got the steak

Mum thought that was very nice. She asked to swap the mash for fries it came with mash and they were quick to fix it and bring some fries for her.

Dad had the lamb

He really enjoyed it

For the dessert Dad and I got the bread pudding

We’ve both had this before and it’s still amazing

Mum had the pavlova

Mum thought this was very nice

My brother got the lemon clouds but didn’t want a dessert, he got it so we could try.

He ate two bites and can’t remember what it was like, we didn’t try it either.

This restaurant is fantastic, the food and entertainment are amazing. If you’re on the fence go try it! I regret not booking a second reservation.

Edited at 04:36 PM.
Old 26 Nov 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
I’ve updated Day 2 and it’s now complete
Old 9 Dec 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 3

Boma

For breakfast this morning we headed to Animal Kingdom Lodge and went to Boma.

Boma is the favourite breakfast of the trip for my Mum, Dad and brother. I like it but my favourite is later in the trip.

This is a great buffet, it has a great mix of traditional American buffet food and African inspired dishes.

Pancakes
Waffles
Bacon
Sausage
Made to order omelette
Carved Ham
Fruit

My favourite thing here is the made to order omelette

These are so good and worth the short little wait

My brothers favourite thing was the tator tots, they had a seasoning on them that he raved about.

It is a greats breakfast and give the bread pudding a try it’s amazing.

Starbucks

As we left Animal Kingdom we grabbed a Starbucks.

My Dad and brother got salted caramel Frappuccinos

I got a toffee nut hot chocolate and mum got a toffee nut latte

These were great, and the toffee nut turned out to be a trip favourite for us.

Teppen Edo

After an afternoon in EPCOT Dinner was in Teppen Edo in Japan.

After my brothers “suffering” through Raglan Road the night before it was time for his favourite.

Dinner here is a sort of communal seating arrangement, there are nine seats to a table and they put you with other parties to make up those numbers. The tables go round the outside of the grill where they cook your meal.

They start you off with a salad

I didn’t eat mine but the others have described it as not very interesting and disappointing to ok.

Next they give you noodles with veggies

These are sooooo good and they give you a good portion but we all wanted more.

For my main I chose scallops

These were delicious, perfectly cooked and a good portion.

Everyone else chose the New York Steak, we were all a bit disappointed that the fillet mignon has been moved to a section on the menu where the dining plan doesn’t cover it.

However, everyone was really happy with the steak and we weren’t left disappointed. I managed to sneak a few pieces and it was tasty.

For dessert mum and I went for the mango mousse cake

My dad and brother got the ginger mousse cake

These are really nice, they are light and a good end to the meal.

This meal is great, it’s almost dinner and show with how the chef interacts with you. Thoroughly recommend it to everyone.
Old 1 Jan 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 4

End Zone Food Court

As we were heading off to Universal today, breakfast was at the hotel.

One of my favourite things for breakfast in Disney is their chocolate chip pancakes.

These were hot and yummy

My brother got the mickey waffles

He enjoyed these but didn’t realise you could swap your sausage for more bacon and it wasn’t offered by the person serving.

Dad chose the ham and cheese omelette

He enjoyed it and was very happy with it. I looked a really good size, I didn’t try any.

Restaurantosaurus

We’d booked the Sundaes and burgers dinner that they started in August last year. For a quick service credit you can have a burger, side, drink and ice cream sundae.

When I’d been reading about this everything I’d seen said you couldn’t have alcohol as part of your credit but you can or at least they offered it to me.

You choose your burger, side, drink and they give you a voucher for your sundae.

The sides are fries, onion rings or salad.

Mum got the All American Burger, a bacon cheeseburger, with fries.

She thought it was nice but felt it was a bit hard. Not the best burger she has had but it was nice.

My dad, brother and I all got the pulled pork barbecue burger.

I got it with onion rings and dad for fries and we shared.

I enjoyed it but again it’s not the best. I think the burgers were too thick, and that’s maybe what Mum means by it was a bit hard, the others agreed.

I also got a lime margarita, I was the only one not to have the normal sodas. Not sure if anyone else likes knowing these things but the sodas were refillable.

This was horrible, it was so sour! I love sour things but it was like drinking lime juice.

For the ice cream you had a choice of vanilla, chocolate or strawberry and you could have two scoops.

You could then go to the toppings bar, it had everything. Whipped cream, chocolate sauce, fudge sauce, sprinkles, cookie bits, brownie bits, cherries, plus everything else all ice cream.

These were ours

Overall this was a good use of a quick service.
Old 1 Jan 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Breakfast looks great, you can’t go wrong with a Mickey Waffle. The burger deal at Restaurantosaurus is great value with the side and ice-cream included. It’s lovely they offer a toppings bar to customise your sundae!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Following along, the food all looks great so far
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List