Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jan 21, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Thats lovely, its always nice when there is someone there that they know. We probably know her too if she played for the county, is it Olivia? Most of dd's friends went to the US on scholarships but they all talk on social media. It lovely that they all still are friends as some of them she has known since she was 5 or 6.
Yes, that’s her! 😀
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:24 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Yes, that’s her! 😀
She’s a lovely girl.😃
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
DS has applied for his accommodation at Birmingham - we spent ages looking at options and getting advice from other parents and he has put in all his choices. Fingers crossed he gets what he wants. Now we really need to government to make up their minds about how Alevels are going to work!
I didn’t realise you could apply for accommodation now. Can Dd apply for accommodation for two uni’s as she’s not sure of the two which will be the one? How did you go about applying, is it just on the university website? Thanks.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I didn’t realise you could apply for accommodation now. Can Dd apply for accommodation for two uni’s as she’s not sure of the two which will be the one? How did you go about applying, is it just on the university website? Thanks.

Kat
It depends in the Uni - some do it early and some later on. DS got an email to invite him to apply. Yiu dint usually have to have made your firm choices to apply for accommodation but again it depends on the Uni
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Daughter has now received another offer from sheffield hallam, she over the moon.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

My daughter has received an email about accommodation from York, I can see us looking at that tonight.
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
My daughter has received an email about accommodation from York, I can see us looking at that tonight.
I can see we are able to apply for a accommodation on the websites but think we need to pay a deposit? Is that what you are going to do? We would like to reserve rooms as DD’s 2 main choices but obviously don’t want to pay unless we can get it back? But would also like to know that accommodation is sorted.

Let us know how you get on. 😁

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I thought you could only apply for accommodation when you have accepted an offer for that uni.

Could be wrong...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I can see we are able to apply for a accommodation on the websites but think we need to pay a deposit? Is that what you are going to do? We would like to reserve rooms as DD’s 2 main choices but obviously don’t want to pay unless we can get it back? But would also like to know that accommodation is sorted.

Let us know how you get on. 😁

Kat
We have just had a look at the email and it says once she had entered York as her firm or insurance on UCAS Track she can then choose accommodation.
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

My daughter has just been emailed by her first choice uni with a fab conditional offer. She is over the moon, im not as it means my baby is moving away 😭😭😭😭😭 she not too far away fron me though but still.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List