Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jan 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have been following Sam & Gabby since this original post, I check in every morning to see how they are doing and check in on the eggs, my dh thinks i'm nuts, but they fascinate me! They we're up having fun in the early hours this morning, nature is amazing!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Incredulous - Harriets eaglets are two days old, and they are bonking and fighting on. I saw it earlier and thought I was wrong as Harriet was on them too - looking now as Harriet is feeding them what may be a squirrel, they're in a small dip within the nest, side by side and fighting and majorly beak bonking, they're as bad as each other!

RR, what was that we hoped about a harmonious nest - two flippin' days old!
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Incredulous - Harriets eaglets are two days old, and they are bonking and fighting on. I saw it earlier and thought I was wrong as Harriet was on them too - looking now as Harriet is feeding them what may be a squirrel, they're in a small dip within the nest, side by side and fighting and majorly beak bonking, they're as bad as each other!

RR, what was that we hoped about a harmonious nest - two flippin' days old!
I looked before and saw the squirrel there. Harriet needs to get her kids in hand (or wing) and tell them they're going to bed with no supper if they don't stop fighting
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

I was watching this morning when she got up in the nest and the 2 babies were underneath her, from the moment they woke up they were constantly squabbling and pecking at each other. She was trying to feed them some of the fish that's in the nest, but they barely stopped fighting to eat.
They are fascinating to watch.
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I am wondering if it just happens when Harriet is feeding them or if it happens with M15 too? I have noticed in the past that when M15 fed the eaglets he shared it fairly whereas Harriet fed the biggest first and then when it was full moved on to the other.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I haven't seen M15 feeding them so I'll keep an eye on that - I noticed the one at the back was too busy beak bonking it's sibling to take the food from ma! This might be an eventuful year to watch this pair of feisty beggers.

Harriet is lashing out the squirrel again now, be interested to see if they fight, again? HERE
Old 25 Jan 21, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

M15 and Harriet are both feeding the eaglets now - it's amusing as M15 is giving it to Harriet to give to the eaglets, if she's a tad slow he then feeds them too
Old 27 Jan 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I watched last night and they were fighting when M15 was there so my theory was wrong. I'd guess that it is part of their development preparing them for adult life but it is not seen on other nests so I'd just say that Harriet has naughty kids
Old 27 Jan 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
I watched last night and they were fighting when M15 was there so my theory was wrong. I'd guess that it is part of their development preparing them for adult life but it is not seen on other nests so I'd just say that Harriet has naughty kids
Just afore sunset last night Harriet was feeding the twins, they were beak bonking each other whilst she offerred a big morsel... I'm sure she thought stuff it as they wouldn't stop bonking so she ate it, I did chuckle.

I've noticed it takes a while to get them to settle when she/M15 has them under and is trying to keep them warm, they're a bit push and shove until they finally settle.
Old 28 Jan 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

It never gets boring watching Harriet feed this feuding pair, altho I do think one may be slightly bigger than the other.

RR/other watchers - take a look when they're next being fed or when alone in the nest, let me know if you think one is thriving more than the other... cheers