Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 May 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Bayous to Beaches Oct 19. Day 21. Can we cram any more in the cases? Ellenton and Dunedin

Monday 21 October

Yesterday is HERE

The weather was set to be not so good today - we had woken up to cloudy skies and the forecast was promising that rain would be around today but better days ahead the rest of the week

We decided to have a lazy morning - which translated to me doing a bit more packing while we watched tv and sorting out just one case for us to use the last few days. We kept an eye on the weather and the storm clouds rolled in mid morning and it got very windy.

As there was no prospect of beach time we thought that a trip to Ellenton would be a good idea after a stop at Perkins

We wanted to use the vouchers they gave us.

I went for these crispers as well

I had the pancakes to go so my plate looked a bit feeble

But they were breakfast the next day

Our bill ended up as $20 ish after deducting the vouchers

We finally headed for Ellenton at 1230 and were parking up just 45minutes after leaving Clearwater.

It was as always very quiet - like really quiet - so we had a good few hours nosing around and picking up some final bargains.

I was going to post the haul in a second post but that all feels a bit pointless in the current circumstances . I got quite a bit of stuff and remain living proof that it is indeed not possible to over purchase striped clothing

I was most pleased with this backpack ... for $40

We had a quick coffee stop in Starbucks where I considered the moon cheese but decided against it.

We had finished by 4 and thought it would be nice to take a detour to Dunedin on the way back. It’s a lovely place but our last visit here in 2018 had not ended well and I had vowed never to come back.

It seemed the odds were against us as the traffic was bad - stop start the whole way and we were tempted to give u but it didnt seem to be any better going in the other direction so we kept going.

We must have come in by a roundabout route because` it didn’t t look anything like our memories of it and we didnt think it looked very nice at all until we were suddenly at the marina and the Olde Bay Cafe

No cocktails on the menu so a glass of rose for me

Cod tacos for Andy and a slightly crispy quesadilla for me

It was ok.
It was the view that was amazing ...

And the apple pie dessert

I left feeling we had dealt with last years demons !

We did have a chuckle as we drove back via the road that we had set off on last year in a bit of a strop

We had some of the wine and ciders that we had brought with us from the villa .. time is running out to consume it all

The next day is HERE

Edited at 05:02 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ooh lovely back pack, a nice bit of shopping after rearranging the cases good idea. The sunset looked lovely. A glass rose is an unacceptable alternative to a lack of cocktails I suppose

Seems like a nice lazy, laid back day of mooching about and taking it easy. You deserve a nice relaxed day. You are on holiday after all.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

What a brilliant day Amanda. I love love love that bag! Please do a post with all your shopping bought, I really enjoy looking at everyone's hauls, and no there are never too many striped items of clothing
Dunedin looks really pretty, that sunset is gorgeous. It would look great as a canvas on the wall! I'm glad this years visit didn't end up in the same argument as last year

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Been to Dunedin a couple of times. That view is amazing...sigh...
MarionG is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

It's a shame the weather wasn't on your side today, but it gave a good excuse for more shopping. I love your bag, and it sounds like you made some more good purchases as well.

Forgot to say on the last post - I like menu pics, I give them a quick glance over then read on to see what everyone chose to eat and then scroll back up to read those items properly on the menu. If a link is posted instead of the actual menu, I very rarely click on it, I much prefer the pics

Lovely sunset to finish the day.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh lovely back pack, a nice bit of shopping after rearranging the cases good idea. The sunset looked lovely. A glass rose is an unacceptable alternative to a lack of cocktails I suppose

Seems like a nice lazy, laid back day of mooching about and taking it easy. You deserve a nice relaxed day. You are on holiday after all.
I was so excited with the backpack ... like I really need more bags I took it on our last trip as my hand luggage though so that makes it a useful and bargain purchase

We do like Ellenton ... it’s such a nice peaceful shopping experience compared to the Orlando outlets. And we were pleased to make peace with Dunedin ... although lack of cocktails remains a black mark

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
What a brilliant day Amanda. I love love love that bag! Please do a post with all your shopping bought, I really enjoy looking at everyone's hauls, and no there are never too many striped items of clothing
Dunedin looks really pretty, that sunset is gorgeous. It would look great as a canvas on the wall! I'm glad this years visit didn't end up in the same argument as last year
Ha ha. I will post at the end then Alicia. Prepare for stripe overload Dunedin is a very charming place. Just not St Patrick’s Day ... but let’s not go there

Originally Posted by MarionG View Post
Been to Dunedin a couple of times. That view is amazing...sigh...
It is lovely isn’t. Very peaceful. It was a lovely way to finish the day.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
It's a shame the weather wasn't on your side today, but it gave a good excuse for more shopping. I love your bag, and it sounds like you made some more good purchases as well.

Forgot to say on the last post - I like menu pics, I give them a quick glance over then read on to see what everyone chose to eat and then scroll back up to read those items properly on the menu. If a link is posted instead of the actual menu, I very rarely click on it, I much prefer the pics

Lovely sunset to finish the day.
You know us Lynda ... any excuse to visit the shops.
It worked well though as the next day was glorious so it would have been a shame to be indoors. Today was not a sunbathing day .. very unsettled and cloudy.

Ha ha, thank you. I am always self conscious snapping the menu .. and some are so huge you need like half a dozen at least And they are all shiny with the laminate ..
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
You know us Lynda ... any excuse to visit the shops.
It worked well though as the next day was glorious so it would have been a shame to be indoors. Today was not a sunbathing day .. very unsettled and cloudy.

Ha ha, thank you. I am always self conscious snapping the menu .. and some are so huge you need like half a dozen at least And they are all shiny with the laminate ..
Haha, yes glare can be an issue with the laminated menu pics. Thank you for your perseverance 🤣

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List