Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Aug 19, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Your Cabana Bay pics have made me super excited for the second part of our trip staying there again this year! Just love that hotel.

Food all looks great so far. Hope you enjoyed NBC too, looking forward to seeing what you ordered!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

All looking lovely. Shame the weather not playing ball but you are still managing some great days. Mmmm home fries . Yum.
Skidders breakfast sounds nice .. very beige 😂😂 all the pancakes.
Crabby Bills looks ideal for Andy. I’m not a fish fan so a bit lost on me. Unlike the Bongos desserts. Yum yum.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Your Cabana Bay pics have made me super excited for the second part of our trip staying there again this year! Just love that hotel.

Food all looks great so far. Hope you enjoyed NBC too, looking forward to seeing what you ordered!
I'm glad!

Have a brilliant time. Just about to add day 4.
Spoiler - we did!

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
All looking lovely. Shame the weather not playing ball but you are still managing some great days. Mmmm home fries . Yum.
Skidders breakfast sounds nice .. very beige 😂😂 all the pancakes.
Crabby Bills looks ideal for Andy. I’m not a fish fan so a bit lost on me. Unlike the Bongos desserts. Yum yum.
On reflection a lot of our plates look beige!
Mmm I could eat that snicker dessert now...

Thanks for reading

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Mobile Day 4 - Universal, NBC Sports Bar & Grill and Cold Stone Creamery

Day 4 - Universal, NBC Sports Bar & Grill and Cold Stone Creamery

We set the alarm again but we were awake before it went off. After a good nights sleep we were up and out to make use of the early extra hour. One perk of staying on site. Yesterday our friends had popped to Publix and also picked up pastries, fruit and juice to have in the room for breakfast for quickness. The coffee in the room was nice. Having adjoining rooms worked well again.

The chocolate croissants were soft, light and gooey. Very yummy.

The buses worked well and we were soon walking past the famous Universal globe.

I blame Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway as yearned to be back after watching that!

We rode Gringotts first and utilised the time to get lots of the rides done early on. We split up into those who liked rollercoasters & simulators and those who didn’t and agreed to meet back at the new Today Cafe in Universal. Not far from the entrance.

Drinks were had, but this looked like a great little place. A breakfast bowl took my fancy which cost $10 but unfortunately we never got the chance to return. The savoury and sweet options all looked really good.

Later on in the day, I was determined to find my favourite frozen butter beer. I have a very sweet tooth, but know this is not to everyone’s taste. I queued for a while in Hogsmead at one of the outside stands/barrels. When I got to the front of the queue I was informed there was a problem with the frozen one but they were selling it at the bar at the Hog’s Head.

It tasted even better than I remembered. Worth the $8.51.

We went back to Cabana Bay to spend some time in the pool and lazy river. We had snacks, fruit and more water in the room.

The main pool had looked good when we arrived but we had seen another one closer to our building. It was busy and difficult to find chairs in the shade. The girls were just about to put their toes in the water when the life guides evacuated the area due to lightning in the area!

The only undercover area nearby was The Hideaway. We ended up buying smoothies for $5 each. The smoothies were really refreshing and fruity. Full of flavour.

After quite a while we decided just to head back and get ready for dinner.

We opted to go to NBC Sports Bar & Grill in City Walk.

Everyone was hungry and the men didn’t waste any time.

The food was really good and so was our server, regularly refilling our drinks and checking in on us.

Everyone tucked into burgers, chicken and flatbreads.

It was a tad dark in there hence the quality of the photos are not the greatest.

The bang bang chicken was a big hit

I enjoyed the corn bread I had with the chicken, but still not found corn bread as good as Disney’s Whispering Canyon.

Cost us approx $99 for the 4 of us which included G’s beer. Even though you pay a premium on site (other meals later on in the holiday cost half the price) we really enjoyed it and would happily return.

Sadly no space for dessert even though the menu options looked good.

The 3 girls headed into the park whilst the 4 of us decided to have another drink, hoping the weather would improve.

The men had the same drinks as earlier, however nothing on the cocktail menu took our fancy and I don’t like wine. Living the dream, R & I ordered a cup of tea. This wasn’t great!

We have been numerous times in August but never known it to rain over 3 consecutive evenings. It didn’t change so we just sucked it up as wanted to make the most of our time here. And we did.

Once we had done everything we wanted, we took one last glance back at the amazing sky, then headed back to City Walk and stopped off at Cold Stone Creamery.

These were ultra tasty. I do love an ice cream and these are amongst the best.

Why do they have to put the calories on them?!?!

We all had a “make your own”.

Chocolate ice cream with cookie dough & M&M’s

Blueberry muffin with blueberries. Yum yum yum

Raspberry sorbet with brownie bites

Cheesecake concoction

Thumbs up all round!

It was late now and time to head back

G & E picked up and shared this chocolate brownie instead back at Bayliner Diner. 10/10.

Tomorrow - Early entry to ride Hagrid’s, we check out of Cabana Bay and move to our villa in Sunset Lakes.

Thanks for reading.

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I miss Cabana Bay, we ended up bowling as we couldn’t get in the pool! Can’t believe that was 2 weeks ago for us now. We had food in there too which was really nice. The weather definitely wasn’t the best it seemed to wipe out the whole evening. I love Coldstone but we never ended up getting any this time, your ice creams looked good.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great pics. We were at Cabana Bay from Tuesday to Friday before getting to FQ where we are now. We managed about ten minutes in that pool over the whole 3 days because of the weather. (We too took refuge in the Hideaway but I drank wine &#129322 I’ve never had weather like this in August - but like you just cracking on! NBC looks tasty 😋

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Cold Stone Creamery looks amazing and NBC really appetising.

Loved your Cabana Bay pics and it makes me so excited to stay there in November
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

What a great day... NBC followed by Coldstone. I like your style!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Why do they put the calories on them? That's craziness! I'd much rather not know. Looks like a fab day of food though and well worth it regardless of having enough calories for like a week or something.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I miss Cabana Bay, we ended up bowling as we couldn’t get in the pool! Can’t believe that was 2 weeks ago for us now. We had food in there too which was really nice. The weather definitely wasn’t the best it seemed to wipe out the whole evening. I love Coldstone but we never ended up getting any this time, your ice creams looked good.
Ditto. Hope you enjoyed bowling. They were really good.

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Great pics. We were at Cabana Bay from Tuesday to Friday before getting to FQ where we are now. We managed about ten minutes in that pool over the whole 3 days because of the weather. (We too took refuge in the Hideaway but I drank wine &#129322 I’ve never had weather like this in August - but like you just cracking on! NBC looks tasty 😋
Thanks. Not just us then. It was. Enjoy.

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Cold Stone Creamery looks amazing and NBC really appetising.

Loved your Cabana Bay pics and it makes me so excited to stay there in November
Thanks. They were. Have a fantastic time.

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
What a great day... NBC followed by Coldstone. I like your style!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Why do they put the calories on them? That's craziness! I'd much rather not know. Looks like a fab day of food though and well worth it regardless of having enough calories for like a week or something.
Exactly?! I don't need to know...

I didn't add it to MyFitnessPal!

Sure was.

M x