Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Aug 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Yes weather wise we've certainly had more rain than normal. I could happily eat those ice creams again. I really need to try something else at Millers but the zinger mountain melt keeps pulling me back! Bob Evans we've only done dinner, but in a couple of days time we go for breakfast. Yum!

Are you doing a trip report this year?
No trip report from me this year, we have no park tickets so will spend a lot of time relaxing around the pool. Not very newsworthy!

I might do a food report as we do plan on eating out A LOT

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by LOU68 View Post
We love Millers and cant wait for next month ! I remember when the Zingers used to be served on a silver tray and DH still
finished them all !
Sounds posh! Have a fantastic time.

Originally Posted by Jannyjan View Post
Bob Evans banana bread is goooodd
Will have to put that on the list for another time.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
No trip report from me this year, we have no park tickets so will spend a lot of time relaxing around the pool. Not very newsworthy!

I might do a food report as we do plan on eating out A LOT
Yes do it!

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Mobile Day 10 - Denny’s, Crazy Golf & Universal

Day 10 - Denny’s, Crazy Golf & Universal

Today is short and sweet. Minus a mini rant, which isn’t normally like me.

The only food photos are from breakfast so apologies in advance.

We relaxed and swam and then headed out for a late breakfast at Denny’s.

Denny’s has always been a firm family favourite.

The queue was out of the door when we arrived. We were told it was a 25 minute wait but decided to stick with it as there seemed to be a lot of coming and going. The manager didn’t look like he wanted to be there.

45 minutes later we were still waiting but other parties of 2 and 4 were being seated almost immediately. We said that the 7 us could be split over 2 tables next to each other if that was easier. Nearly an hour from when we arrived we were finally taken to a table. And so were our friends but on the other side! We were next to 2 large empty but dirty tables that could seat 8. I nearly offered to clear and clean it myself. We left it as everyone was hangry as it was now lunchtime.

Pleased to sit down and have drinks

Our food was fine. But our food at Denny’s in California last year was far superior.

We had a voucher

This was before the voucher was taken off

Our friends said their food had been ok but had found their server rude.

Hoping this was just a little blip as we haven’t experienced this at Denny’s before.

We then played crazy golf at Pirates Cove at the crossroads (I won!). We used a voucher for a discount from one of the little booklets we picked up at the exit of Golden Coral.

It was hot hot hot! We drank lots of water and sat under the parasol at the end of the course and everyone had ice lollies. I had strawberry which was lovely and refreshing but ate/licked in record time (no photo - sorry) due to the speed it was melting! Cost approx $3/4

We then spent the evening at Universal.

We utilised the free parking after 6pm.

One of my finest pictures of everyone having fun!

We got a very late night Wendy’s drive through on route back to the villa which took a while. I think I fell asleep in the car, before finally rolling into bed.

Tomorrow - Bob Evans, Sweet Tomatoes & The Boardwalk.

Thanks for reading.

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I get your mini rant, I wouldn’t have been too pleased.
A massive well done for finishing the golf. We had a rain check at Fantasia-kept the receipt in my Disney purse since 2017 it was ridiculously hot and tempers were starting to get a bit frazzled, hubby was getting ratty with the kids when I pointed out we didn’t need to finish as it wasn’t like we’d even paid for the golf We eventually bailed at the 11th hole, I think we’ll stick with golf in the evening in future!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I get your mini rant, I wouldn’t have been too pleased.
A massive well done for finishing the golf. We had a rain check at Fantasia-kept the receipt in my Disney purse since 2017 it was ridiculously hot and tempers were starting to get a bit frazzled, hubby was getting ratty with the kids when I pointed out we didn’t need to finish as it wasn’t like we’d even paid for the golf We eventually bailed at the 11th hole, I think we’ll stick with golf in the evening in future!
Ooops. We had more rain this year, but surprisingly it stayed dry whilst we played. Hope you complete the course one day!

M x
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Mobile Day 11 - Bob Evans, Celebration, Sweet Tomatoes & The Boardwalk

Day 11 - Bob Evans, Celebration, Sweet Tomatoes & The Boardwalk

Lots of colourful food today!

We decided to get up and out for breakfast, rather than leave it as late as yesterday. After a quick discussion we opted for Bob Evans, following on from our lovely dinner on day 7. We’ve never been for breakfast so were hoping it was going to be just as good. And it was.

Epic fail as don’t have any notes on what people ate or how much it cost, but remember thinking it was really reasonable and very tasty.

I’m drooling just reminiscing...

Some of us couldn’t finish so was boxed up and taken back to the villa. Where it stayed in the fridge. We always do this and never get round to eating the left overs.

I feel it would be wrong not to mention Jesse, our server. He was really good but looked a little sad to be there and we came to the conclusion he was daydreaming and his real passion was to be a model or wannabe actor. I’m expecting to see him again one day, just not serving food! We spoke about Jesse each time we drove past.

Had another voucher. They were happy scanning from my phone and didn’t require it to be printed off.

I also purchased a Bob Evans mug.

We were so full, we didn’t need to eat again till approx 5pm.

We popped back to Super Target.

I thought I was being helpful for G. He didn’t! Hahaha.

The British aisle. You can zoom in and see the prices for those interested.

Stocked up on our favourites to eat at the villa and take home.

As the weather was nice, we decided to return to Celebration.

Found our retirement place at “Senior Living”

After a lovely walk and mooch around we got some drinks from Starbucks. Strawberry cream frappe was lovely but I wasn’t keen on the S’mores one, but the girls liked it.

Disney were filming outside one of the houses as we headed out

Dinner tonight was at one of our all time family favourites. Sweet Tomatoes. There always comes a point in the holiday where we crave greens and simple fresh food. We normally go to the one at Rolling Oaks but we were closer to the Crossroads so headed there instead.

I was a little nervous that our friends who had enjoyed their meaty meals and then explaining you pick up a tray when you enter rather than be seated at a table first, may not enjoy it as much. Again, I shouldn’t have worried as they loved it as much as we did.

Salads piled high

We then paid. I tried to take a photo of the digital receipt discreetly but not convinced I got away with it. G laughed and gave me the normal receipt as thought it might be easier and clearer to see!

We did sign up for special offers a week before but didn’t received any emails until we got home. Including this one so sign up in plenty of time.

We found seats easily and tucked in. I love the variety and everyone enjoyed their salads.

Next we went to the different food stations and had soup. There were a selection of different flavours. I had chowder which was thick and delicious. I also had garlic bread strips.

My absolute favourite is the sweet potato and toppings. No where else matches it.

We then tucked into dessert. I had blueberry cobbler, which was under my ice cream! So so good.

The girls enjoyed using the ice cream machine.

The others had chocolate mousse, cookies and mini muffins and fruit, I think. I stopped taking photos as was enjoying eating too much!

As we left it was getting busy and I felt too self conscious taking photos of the buffet but obviously fine about taking photos of the walls!

Our perfect buffet.

We then drove to Disney Springs. Saw this rainbow as we were exiting the car park.

Jumped on a Disney bus and headed to The Boardwalk. This ended up being one of my favourite evenings.

Sometimes pictures speak louder than words...

The girls finished the night off with ice cream from Ample Hills Creamery.

Tomorrow - Universal, Cow Fish, Voodoo Doughnuts & Volcano Bay

Thanks for reading.

M x

Edited at 11:03 PM.
Old 31 Aug 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Bob Evans breakfast looks lovely. Shame about Denny’s.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Love Sweet Tomatoes, we feel exactly like you do, that sometimes your body cries out for a bit of goodness! x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Bob Evans breakfast looks lovely. Shame about Denny’s.
It tasted as good as it looked! Probably one of my favourite breakfasts of the holiday.

Yes, but it hasn't put us off going back.

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Love Sweet Tomatoes, we feel exactly like you do, that sometimes your body cries out for a bit of goodness! x
Again. We both have great taste!
Really really enjoyed it, as always.

M x
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Boardwalk looks lovely, we have never managed Sweet Tomatoes but it’s always on the list!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List