Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Jul 22, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

West Coast Food Review June 2022 Complete Travel Back To Ireland

As my January California food review thread was popular, I have decided to do another one for my June trip

Sunday June 19
Travel from Dublin to USA

Tuesday June 21
Breakfast Embassy Suites by Hilton, King Street Seattle

Tuesday June 21 Part 2
Lunch and dinner on Amtrak

Wednesday June 22
Breakfast, lunch and dinner on Amtrak

Breakfast at My LA Hotel

Saturday June 25
California Pizza Kitchen

Sunday June 26
Cheesecake Factory Santa Monica

Monday June 27
Tortilla Jos Downtown Disney

Tuesday June 28
Disneyland Main Park

Wednesday June 29
Downtown Disney
California Adventures Park

Thursday June 30
California Adventures Park
Downtown Disney

Friday July 1
Disneyland Main Park

Saturday July 2
Travel Home To Ireland

Edited at 03:21 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I flew Aer Lingus Dublin to JFK

About 3 hours into the flight we had dinner. I choose the pasta bolognaise. It wasn't that good but I needed to eat.
It came with a pasta salad, a slice of Irish bread, a strawberry shortcake mouse and water.

When I got to JFK, my flight to Seattle with Delta was cancelled. I was rebooked for the following day and Delta gave me a hotel and $30 vouchers for food. But the hotel they sent me too only had snacks, not proper food. The room had a microwave so I bought 2 types of frozen pasta dinners, crisps (chips) and drinks. I was just so hungry at that stage I needed food.

Edited at 02:49 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Oh no such a shame about the cancelled flight Hope the rest of the journey is smoother.

We’re doing California next year, so definitely following along and will check out your earlier report too at some point!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Tuesday 21 June

Monday was a disaster, I spent the day in Detroit airport. I was so stressed I forgot to take food photos.

Back on track finally, in the right hotel and the right city.

Breakfast at Embassy Suites by Hilton, Kings Street Seattle

I go to the second floor to check out the breakfast. I forgot to take a photo of the buffet but I brought my food back to my room and took a photo. The buffet was really good quality, with both help yourself and made to order items.

I got scrambled egg, pork sausages, fried potatoes, yoghurts, melon and coffee. The melon I put into the take away coffee cups in the room to bring on the train, and one of the yoghurts was for the train too. I had planned to buy fruit snacks for the train in the famous Seattle Pike Place Market but this will have to do.

Thats it for now. I will put the train food in a separate post
Old 6 Jul 22, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

What a great idea about putting the fruit in the takeaway cups! Hope you have a great time.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Tuesday June 21 Continued

Finally my itinerary was back on track and I made it to my train Amtrak Coast Starlight from Seattle to LA.

All meals were included in the train fare.

I had the option of eating in the restaurant carriage or getting room service. I chose room service for all my meals.

Lunch service was between 12pm and 3pm. My room attendant Daisy took my order around 11.30am and brought my food just after 12pm.

I ordered The Monte Cristo but Im not sure if was or just a normal toasted sandwich.

According the menu it was supposed to be Honey cured ham, turkey breast, Swiss and Cheddar cheese, thick cut brioche, chips.
I also ordered the chocolate cake and a coke.

Dinner Service was between 5pm and 8pm. Around 5pm, just before arriving in Eugene Oregon, Daisy came by to take my dinner order.

I ordered
Savory Mexican Souffle with Chilli, black beans, corn and roasted Poblano sauce
Seared flat iron steak , mashed potatoes, baby greens and port wine sauce
Carrot cake
Dinner also come with an adult beverage, so I ordered the Rose wine.

Eugene Oregon was another rest stop, so I again got out and walked up and down the platform.

Once we were on the move again, Daisy came by with my food.

Throughout the day I had my snacks of fruit and crisps.
Old 11 Jul 22, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Wednesday 22 June Train Journey Part 2

I woke up about 6am, my usual wake up time, a bit disorientated. I slept fine, but it my brain kept thinking I was in a plane with turbulence, due to the movement of the train during the night.

Breakfast started at 7am so when Daisy saw me going to the restroom, she came by to get my breakfast order.

At about 7.15, just before arriving into Sacramento, Daisy brought my break, but I decided to wait until after the rest stop to eat it.

I ordered the French toast with sausages, orange juice and coffee.

Just before Salinas around 1pm, Daisy came by and took my lunch order.

For my second lunch I ordered chicken salad with goats cheese and honey glazed walnuts, blueberry and white chocolate cheesecake and a coke.

After San Luis Obispo, around 5.30pm it was time for my final meal. I ordered
Baked Brie and Raspberry Empanada
Roast Chicken with Mushroom Risotto , Baby Green Beans and Mushroom Sauce
Chocolate Mousse Cake

I was very impressed with the food on the train. I found out during the journey that there are 2 chefs and the kitchen is located on the lower level of the restaurant carriage. All the food is cooked to order as much as possible so they do an amazing job with limited resources.
Old 12 Jul 22, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Breakfast at My LA Hotel

I booked a room and breakfast offer at my LA hotel, Kawada Hotel, 200 Hill Street, Downtown LA.

The hotel has an arrangement with the deli / cafe next door. With the room and breakfast offer you get a breakfast voucher each morning from the front desk and then go next door to Cherry Pick Cafe.

I got the same breakfast every morning, a ham, cheese and egg croissant and a latte

Old 13 Jul 22, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Saturday June 25

Today I had a picnic day at Forest Lawn cemetery. I brought a premade salad and fruit from Trader Joes and had lots of water.

In the evening time I got take out pizza from California Pizza Kitchen at 7th and Fig Mall in Downtown LA.

I got the Original BBQ Chicken Pizza which cost $19.70

Old 14 Jul 22, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Sunday June 26

Breakfast I had my fruit, granola and yoghurt in my hotel room as the next door deli cafe is closed on Sundays.

I took public transport, the underground / overground train to Santa Monica.

I had lunch at Cheesecake Factory in Santa Monica Place Mall.

Thai Coconut Lime Chicken
Tender Pieces of Chicken, Snow Peas, Shiitake Mushrooms, Onions and Garlic in a Thai Coconut-Curry Sauce with Cashews and Pineapple. Served with White Rice

For my evening food I went to Mcdonalds in Santa Monica and got a quarterpounder with cheese and 6 chicken nuggets. It cost about the same numbers wise as I would pay in Ireland.