Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Feb 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

The Incredibles take a vacation - Feb 2020- Day 6 Animal kingdom

Violet was still not good. The plan had been to get to Pandora to do Na’vi river at opening and we had an early fast pass for FOP. She had been looking forward to this the most, but it just wasn’t going to happen. I swapped around all the fastpasses in the hope we’d be able to make it to the park in the afternoon for a gentler day of shows and maybe Na.’vi. She hadn’t been sick for a while, and my wave had passed quite quickly so we headed out just after 11. It was really hot today, which didn’t help. We were waiting outside the lion king when she was a little sick again. Mr Incredible decided to take her back, whilst I stayed for a while with Dash. I felt so sad for Violet.

Dash loved the lion king. One of the rearranged fastpasses was kilamanjaro safaris, so we headed there next. News was that Violet probably wasn’t going to make it back, so I went to cancel our Tuskers rivers of light ADR. The cast member was great and as I explained that we were going to try coming back tomorrow she gave us a fastpass for FOP and rivers of light. I was then able to re-book Tuskers for a similar time too. Trying to make the most of the day for Dash, but not doing everything in case we did come back, we decided to get some lunch and stay longer. He was made up with his hummus from Mr Kamal’s as it’s his favourite food in the world. After that we got a front row seat for Up!. The birds were pretty cool. We wandered over to Dinoland for Triceratops spin and met Daisy Duck as there was barely any queue. Dad had a Wilderness explorer t shirt and I had a Grape soda one, the photo pass guy told us we needed to go and get a photo with Russel and Doug whilst we were wearing them. We headed over to try and find them and whilst en route I swapped the Na’vi fast pass for Dinosaur. We found Kevin first and the cast member scooped Dash up and put him up by Kevin for a photo straight away as there was no queue and it was a bit of a free for all. Meanwhile Mr I messaged to say that Violet was much better and up for going out for some dinner. So I cancelled the dinosaur fastpass. The cast members near Russell and Doug saw our shirts and waved us over, but there was a bit of a queue and neither of us could be bothered to wait. On the way Out of the park we decided to see if we could trade the pin that we had on Violet’s hat which Dash had borrowed. We found a Dale one which we knew she would love. It had been a nice day and I really liked Animal Kingdom, but we really missed the others.

Back at the hotel Dash gave Violet her pin and it really made her smile. I freshened up and we headed off to Disney springs. Unfortunately the bus journey made Violet feel Iill again. It was quite busy in Disney Springs too, so it wasn’t the best idea to stay to eat. Mr I went to pick up the free Disney gift card whilst we waited outside. I was eyeing up the daily poutine, but decided to wait for him to return. The fresh air made Violet feel much better and the kids watched a magic show whilst we waited ages for Mr I to return. By the time we eventually got back to the hotel, Violet said she felt like eating so she had a few nuggets and some apple slices back in the room whilst watching Disney Zombies. Mr I took Dash to go and eat at the Mara.

A strange day, but hopefully she’s back on form to try again tomorrow. Thank goodness I’d factored in a couple of rest days and managed to rearrange stuff.

Edited at 01:32 PM.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh dear poor Violet hope tomorrow is better for her

Joan
Old 13 Feb 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you for posting - I hope Violet keeps improving.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

She was back on form the next day and made up for missing out the day before. It is annoying though.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List