Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Feb 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
What a shame about your tour. However the rest of your day sounds fantastic.
It was The tour thing was frustrating. Of all the days for a burst pipe !

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
How frustrating for the tour. The rest of the day seemed fab though - and dinner looked amazing.

I hope Andy managed eventually to get the bank stuff sorted out - very annoying.
Yes . It did teach me that 24 hours in places does make it a bit vulnerable when you hit a hiccup. If we had longer I could have shown him those houses. Although I’m not sure he’s that bothered
And yes, we did get it sorted .. eventually. It was a right drag.

Originally Posted by Holiday time View Post
Your dinner sounds delicious.

Can’t believe the bank still isn’t sorted. It is like a soap opera.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Really interesting
Dinner was fabulous. One of our best ever
The time difference made the banking saga such hard work with being on the road. Once we got to Florida we had time to get it sorted
Thanks for reading. These last few days were such interesting places.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a mixed day So pleased you finished it off with an awesome meal, I love that pumpkin pie dessert! So adorable!
Yeah, mixed but improving wasn’t it the cutest dessert. It was tiny. And perfect

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
The day got better. The desserts look amazing
I know and Andy didn’t share his either...

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I really hope neither of you have to go back to New Orleans, what a nightmare!

Such a shame the tour didn't go to plan, what was the guy thinking going rogue like that

On a plus Savannah looks lovely, really looking forward to visiting. Another fabulous view from your hotel room , but free wine and cheese certainly make up for it

I've got The Olde Pink House on my list of restaurants. Do you think it is too fancy for the teens or would Spanky's be more suitable?
The food looks divine!
Ha ha, I mean we love NOLA but ...
Yes I totally didn’t appreciate the mystery tour at all.

We felt The old pink house was quite formal, food is fab but it’s definitely a “posh” place. So I think it depends if they would enjoy it ? ( for example we didn’t see anyone on their phones at the table ... except for me taking pics ). The meal service is neither fast nor slow so as long as they are ok with that waiting in between courses business

Anyway, you definitely need to go to Wileys BBQ as we didnt make it there
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a pain about the bank transfer, it must have been on your minds all day. Also frustrating that the tour guide didn't follow the actual tour.

Still the rest of the day certainly seemed to make up for the poor morning. What on earth is it with you guys and your luck with getting a room with a view? Ah well, I suppose you're not in the room too much.
Yeah the bank thing became such a pain - always waiting for a call or to make one - fortunately we got it sorted in Florida
Ha ha didn't we just get the rubbish views - as we were out so much it didn't really matter but there were some stinkers

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Ah, what an annoying start to the day - first with the continuing bank/paintings saga and then your tour guide going off plan It's such a shame you were disappointed with the tour and Andy didn't get to see the same Charleston that you did on your wander.

The rest of the day sounds excellent though... new friends, and your evening meal looks outstanding - it's so nice when somewhere lives up to expectations. It sounds like a lovely, intimate setting too. Savannah looks very interesting with a rich history and more beautiful buildings.
I was upset about the tour - we just went round in circles(literally) and some of the streets were just not very scenic at all. Very disappointing
Savannah really made up for it though - we had such a lovely afternoon and its a fascinating place.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Shame about the rubbish tour guide.

The rest of your day looked lovely though. Especially that meal - yum

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Shame about the rubbish tour guide.

The rest of your day looked lovely though. Especially that meal - yum
It was a shame. I felt a bit cheated as we had so little time there. I could have booked the pedi cab to take us round instead.
But the day definitely improved. One of our faves !
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

How frustrating about the tour, no wonder you were fed up. And even more annoying that they didn’t reply to you. Savannah loooks lovely and my goodness, that pie is adorable!
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
How frustrating about the tour, no wonder you were fed up. And even more annoying that they didn’t reply to you. Savannah loooks lovely and my goodness, that pie is adorable!
Yeah, it just wasn’t going our way was it
Ha ha that weenie pumpkin... it was perfect
Old 26 Feb 20, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

We visited Savannah a couple of years ago and we loved it. Your post brought back many happy memories- Thank you
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by capecoralfl View Post
We visited Savannah a couple of years ago and we loved it. Your post brought back many happy memories- Thank you
Ah thank you x Its a beautiful place.