Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Oct 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Yes, just seen this on Face Book. I haven’t had a nosey at prices though.
It started on the 10th; for our September 2020 trip, the ‘sale’ prices are extremely high; will wait it out!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Orlando/Miami/Tampa aren't included in the sale - have a look at T&C's

britishairways/en-gb...s-flights-copy
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Am I reading it wrong or are they T&C's from last year? It mentions booking by 25th Sept 2018.
SteveyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
Am I reading it wrong or are they T&C's from last year? It mentions booking by 25th Sept 2018.
Good spot. WIll try and find a proper link.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My flights (albeit to Seattle and back from Austin, rather than Orlando) were over £1500 cheaper for the four of us before the BA ‘sale’ - so pleased that I booked pre-sale! 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

I’m always sceptical about sales whether it be BA or Virgin. I’ve never found a price during it that I haven’t found cheaper at some point before it started. I know that shops have been done by trading standards over this and some have been very imaginative in ways to circumnavigate the rules but I think it’s about time that the airlines came under greater scrutiny.
However where are your prices from and when, Scotland in the summer (anytime for that matter) and it would already be a great price.

Edited at 10:57 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
I’m always sceptical about sales whether it be BA or Virgin. I’ve never found a price during it that I haven’t found cheaper at some point before it started. I know that shops have been done by trading standards over this and some have been very imaginative in ways to circumnavigate the rules but I think it’s about time that the airlines came under greater scrutiny.
However where are your prices from and when, Scotland in the summer (anytime for that matter) and it would already be a great price.
It's going from Manchester. I've actually found some parts of the flights are with American Airlines...I looked on their website and they're cheaper there. Just a shame I can't use my airmiles then.

BA is so infuriating though, I want a 2 day stop over in Philadelphia... you used to be able to do it free of charge and just continue on the same ticket but there's no way to do that now on their website (that I know of?) apart from a multi stop which is a new ticket and costs a fortune.
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Others may know better with prices from Manchester (I’ve absolutely no experience whatsoever) but I’d be tempted to book so that I definitely knew that it was sorted. We’re flying from Glasgow next summer and it’s costing around £700 pp. The next day it jumped to £1000. It’s now currently around £1200. I’m not convinced any sale will bring it back down to what we paid. Good luck whatever happens.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by b00110908 View Post
It's going from Manchester. I've actually found some parts of the flights are with American Airlines...I looked on their website and they're cheaper there. Just a shame I can't use my airmiles then.

BA is so infuriating though, I want a 2 day stop over in Philadelphia... you used to be able to do it free of charge and just continue on the same ticket but there's no way to do that now on their website (that I know of?) apart from a multi stop which is a new ticket and costs a fortune.
I have found that with BA customise your trip, if you do it to US and back, and use them for the short hotel break in Philly, and potentially a car in Orlando it can come down considerably. Need to add on an example of all three in order to be booted into the baholidays website. The hotel can be another date time or location or at Heathrow before you fly, but works best as the stopover hotel.

I then buy the internal flight cheaper seperately via JetBlue or southwestern for example.

Edited at 11:41 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List