Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jul 07, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanksgiving sales?

Has anyone ever been to the thanksgiving sales if so when do they start and finish?

We will be there for thanksgiving this time, and i have heard that there are some great bargains to be had
Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 07, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post

It was a few years ago, but the sales, I think, started the day after Thanksgiving - kind of like our old Boxing Day sales.

Enjoy the bargains!
Old 5 Jul 07, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell15
Apprentice Imagineer

The sales start on the Friday (day after thanksgiving), it's called black friday. Sales start about 5:00 am for the best bargains.

We were there last year but gave it a miss as I heard it was a bit of a rampage!
tinkerbell15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 07, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

DH and I are there over Thanksgiving and looking forward to our first *experience* of the Black Friday Sales...

We intend to go shopping before Friday too just incase it is *too* unbearable!

Otherwise ~ CAN'T WAIT!

PS - I believe the shops are actually shut on Thanksgiving Day to prepare for Black Friday
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 07, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
kmt
Apprentice Imagineer

lots of the shops tend to be open til midnight on black friday and for most of the weekend
kmt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 07, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
the sales begin on the friday and i think are on for the weekend, we go for the smaller places like bealls, the big malls are a bit crazy and were all over the news, we tried to go to the florida mall but couldnt even get around the car park
Old 8 Jul 07, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post

It's a bit of a bun fight on the Friday however the Sat/Sun is a bit better. Previously I went the Wed after the 1st day of sale and Macys decided to take 30% off designer labels which hadn't been in the sale. Looking forward to a little bit of sale shoping!
Old 8 Jul 07, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
coombsyl
Imagineer

Ooooh Just realised we fly out on Thanksgiving Day so we will be up bright and early on sale day! Just imparted this gem to DH who looked less than impressed but I put that down to sitting in the sun in the garden and having a few beers this afternoon! He will be fine when he realised how lucky he is when we are queuing at the Florida Mall at about 4 am

The Thanksgiving sales we have been to have been pretty good in the past but seriously I doubt if we will venture near them till the weekend as we are going for a relax.
coombsyl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 07, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post

We went to the Mall at Millenia. The door buster offers run from opening (some places open at 6am) to 12pm. If you plan it well you can get some great offers. What we did was go in one shop look at everything we wanted the went into a second shop and picked up everything we wanted then when one of us got in the line for the till the other would go back to the first store and pick up everything and get in line in the store. Don't waste time trying things one as they can always be taken back when you try them on in the loos after lunch. Ignore the stores with no before lunch door busters and go to them in the afternoon. We got some great offers, loads of free stuff and saved a fortune. We finished at 3pm and had to go back to the hotel for a nap, it was that exhausting!
Old 8 Jul 07, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread