Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jul 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovethemagic2
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Avanti international drive

Hi, just looking to see what you think of the avanti. Starting to slightly worry as reading a few reviews of there been cockroaches in rooms. Thanks x
Lovethemagic2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

We stayed here a couple of years ago and really liked it. It was spotlessly clean and not a cockroach in sight.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again as its in a great location on I-Drive for walking to restaurants etc.
If you do have any issues the staff are really helpful and obliging.
Gingerlife is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

We stayed for 8 nights in Sep 2015 ... it was ok for the money. Pool area was nice with plenty of towels down there and the pool cafe was ok for a quick breakfast. Would I walk around the room in bare feet? No! But we didn't have any roaches.
You could see daylight under the door and ac was really noisy but we stayed and it wasn't enough to complain about but we probably wouldn't stay again... that's mainly because we are total converts to staying on site now. I'm sure it will be fine if you have realistic expectations and don't plan on spending loads of time in the room.
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

With any of the cheaper hotels almost anywhere as long as don't expect more than you are paying for you will be fine, many of the reports on trip advisor are from people staying in a $50 a night room expecting $100 a night value. There is always a reason why one hotel is cheaper than another may be age, facilities, location or even service or cleanliness. Before our DD came we would stay almost anywhere, we have stayed in some scary places now we are a bit more choosy.

You can get cockroaches in any motel room and you can get bed bugs in any hotel room as the come with guests.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

DD and her boyfriend stayed there a couple of years ago and loved it. We were in Orlando the week before they arrived so we went for a snoop. It is located in a cracking spot, particularly if you aren't driving. It's set slightly back from International Drive and across the road from a Walgreen's, Longhorn s etc. We loved the pool, beach area, bar etc. We called into Reception and requested a pool view room for them, and that's what they got.
Old 16 Jul 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed here last year for 3 nights. I was warned that ground floor rooms have a tendency to attract bugs especially in the rain (at least they warned me!) but honestly didn't see one! We really liked it here. Great atmosphere around the pool. Played 80's music all day which I am a massive fan of! Great location, rooms clean, lovely walk in shower. Couldn't fault it. We are back again this August for 4 night ... very excited 😆
Old 16 Jul 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mudhut
Excited about Disney

I stayed last September and am going back in 8 weeks, I stayed on the fourth floor and didn't have any " unwelcome visitors" I will be asking for the same room if it's available. One of the things that people bring up is the state of the floors in the rooms - being a bit dirty, my simple solution was to simply wear flip flops as I walked around. ( it's only dust and sand that people bring in anyway)
The staff were really nice and I'm sure if there was a problem they would sort it. Don't worry I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Mudhut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List