Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Oct 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
I see Disney are following the trend of removing vegetarian items and replacing them with vegan instead.
I find this beyond irritating now when I eat out that vegetarian options are increasingly replaced with vegan options, while its great that they have a menu symbol etc it would be nice to have options with real cheese etc.
I completely agree.
I’ll often chose a veggie option but I have no desire to eat vegan substitutes for pastry, brioche, cheese etc!

Edited at 11:40 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I have been badgering / campaigning ( via facebook and e.mails / reminding disney about this for years, I have spoken to a number of Snr management on the phone about it

The symbol thing has always been a massive issue for disney, as they source so much food from outside caterers they could never be sure that the dish ( or ingredient ) would not contain anything animal based ( Gelatin is a big one, they even included in bread and butter pudding at chef mickey )

been quite a year for me, the " throwaway booking loophole closed " and a " plant based / vegan icon on menu's ", both 2 issues i have been very passionate about, maybe, just maybe disney does listen
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
Spotted this on twitter just now. A whole website for you veggies and vegans to explore to find out food options for you!

disneyworld.disney.go/en...g/plant-based/
Might be me, but all I get is a page with some headings and nice pictures and links that go nowhere
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Plant food does taste really good at the moment. Great alternative to meat. But I do wonder why they try to get it to look like meat. Doesn’t that defeat the object. If your a veggie and don’t want to eat meat why would you eat a plant burger or mince that looks like meat. Baffling but tastes good.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Plant food does taste really good at the moment. Great alternative to meat. But I do wonder why they try to get it to look like meat. Doesn’t that defeat the object. If your a veggie and don’t want to eat meat why would you eat a plant burger or mince that looks like meat. Baffling but tastes good.
The object, at least for our family, in a meat-free diet is to avoid inflicting a short, brutal life and a violent death on any animal so that we could have a burger or a sausage. We also enjoy a variety of foods that look nothing like meat, but the fact that some plant-based products resemble meat in look certainly doesn't negate the object for us (not sure about flavour because it's been too long since I ate meat)

Also, I think some of the new plant-based meat is actually aimed at meat eaters who are concerned about the environment rather than vegetarians. Our local Tesco have now introduced a whole plant-based meat section on the meat aisle.

Edited at 10:09 PM.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

My DD will be pleased. She found it quite tricky last time we were there. Thanks for sharing.
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I completely agree.
I’ll often chose a veggie option but I have no desire to eat vegan substitutes for pastry, bricoche, cheese etc!
Me too! I want real butter, cheese and eggs etc. I’ve been a vegetarian for over 20 years and it’s so disappointing eating out now compared to how much it had improved over the last few years.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
Might be me, but all I get is a page with some headings and nice pictures and links that go nowhere
Me too.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Me too.
Click the read more in each section and it expands to detailing the dishes at each location
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
I see Disney are following the trend of removing vegetarian items and replacing them with vegan instead.
I find this beyond irritating now when I eat out that vegetarian options are increasingly replaced with vegan options, while its great that they have a menu symbol etc it would be nice to have options with real cheese etc.
It's happening everywhere. I'm torn because I have a child with a dairy allergy, so it's great to see new safe items on the normal menu. I am vegetarian though and want dairy options for myself. I really wish they could do both.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List