Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 07, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Buying a camera...UK or Orlando?

Hi all, this september will be my 1st time in orlando since 94 (was 13 then!). Want to buy a decent camera (bout £130/$250) , would i be better getting one before i go or over there? If over there , where would be the best shop , thanx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 07, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tj+alana
Apprentice Imagineer

hi Gander,in the same boat as you,you will proberly save between £20-£40 depending what camera you buy,compare with amazon.i know nothing about cameras so i asked the website dppreveiw,look on begininners questions on the forums,im the one that asks "what camera(have no idea)".happy with the response i got and will go with that camera,will proberly buy here though,hope this helps
tj+alana is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 07, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post

We bought a cannon in Walmart was cheaper than here and we got a memory card which was much cheaper then here. Was about 2 years ago so I don't remember the price. Check out their website.
Old 20 Jun 07, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
james weir
Imagineer

US warranties are not valid in the UK,also in the US they are only for 90 days,us ref numbers are in most cases different from UK/EU therefore
if questioned by UK customs they can tell which country the purchase was
made in. If you search the web you will find a lot of UK prices are better than
the US.
james weir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 07, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
When i lost my camera we were lookin for a replacement. I didn't think the prices were great personally . The prices vary considerably and tbh i didn't trust the patter of these dicount places ! If you do get one there i would stick to the malls .
Old 20 Jun 07, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

i dont think there was much difference in price...
our camera failed to work after 3 days of our last holiday ...and we spent ages searching for a new one...in the end i bought a new one as we were missing out on memories and the price was not fantastic...
Old 23 Jun 07, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Cheryl P
Imagineer

Cheryl P's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by uklad23 View Post
We bought a cannon in Walmart was cheaper than here and we got a memory card which was much cheaper then here. Was about 2 years ago so I don't remember the price. Check out their website.
Originally Posted by james weir View Post
US warranties are not valid in the UK...
Not exactly right James... If you buy a camera from Walmart (in fact anything at all), you can take it back to ASDA in the UK.

Cheryl P is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 07, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Last year we purchased a Panasonic DMC TZI from Walmart for £150, at the time it was £299 in Argos (Aug 06). They did tell me that if I had any problems with it then I could return it to Asda. I did ask Asda when we came home and they confirmed it. Had no problems with it yet
Old 23 Jun 07, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post

thanx for all the reply's, gonna have a think about it, maybe buy one here if its a very good deal, if one doesnt come up... orlando it is! cheers
Old 2 Jul 07, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post

I would definatly look at the prices of memory cards in Walmart as they are alot cheaper.
Closed Thread