Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jun 07, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Has anyone used these to pay in America?

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a pre-paid credit card for my holiday to America, has anyone used these in the USA? were they accepted. I'm thinking about getting a Quidity Maestro.

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 07, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I have never used one, but as long as it has a VISA or Mastercard logo then I can see no reason why it wouldn't be accepted.

if you are loading it up in Sterling then I'd confirm what exchange rate/ fees you would be charged.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 07, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yes they are accepted everywhere and can also be used in lots of cash machines (but not every bank).

The down side is that you are charged to make a cash withdrawl, and that you have no way of knowing how much is left on the card unless you tot things up very carefull every day. I think you can phone them up for a balance or go online but that is not always convenient.
Old 27 Jun 07, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks, I'm still deciding and researching.
Old 27 Jun 07, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post

i looked at the amex card but decided no, i couldnt be ar$$$d phoning all the time to find out how much i had left, i prefer to see in front of me what i have so a tiny amount of cash and the rest TC's for me
Old 27 Jun 07, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by essexmick View Post
i looked at the amex card but decided no, i couldnt be ar$$$d phoning all the time to find out how much i had left, i prefer to see in front of me what i have so a tiny amount of cash and the rest TC's for me
i wasn't too keen on the plastic card for the same reason. i had visions of me standing at the counter and the card getting rejected
i'll stick to the paper TC's
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 07, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
princess nicky
Apprentice Imagineer

we used the amex card last time ( 2006) and we really liked it ,we will top it up and use it next time .all the places we went to we could pay with the card even from the ice creams stands in dinsey . .
NICKY
princess nicky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 07, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Nicky! , I'll bear that in mind
Old 27 Jun 07, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaid13
Excited about Disney

We always use the Amex tcc card and we wouldn't be without it now. We take a bit of cash so we don't draw cash on it but I don't think it would be a problem. It's no hassle just tot up the receipts quickly each day (scary though ! ) to keep a check on the balance. DH nis the accountant but I always have to manage the bills on holiday - guess he wants a break from the sums! In Target they put the balance on your receipt as well.
mermaid13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 07, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post

hi

we've just got back this morning, and all of us used this card, we had an atm in the hotel and we could get a balance whenever we wanted, the card was never refused for anything we wanted to buy, but if you withdrew cash there was a payment of $2.50 every time. I took a comb of cash tc's and this card'

del
Closed Thread