Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 11, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
New Projection Show Come to Life on Cinderella Castle

inline imageIn a dramatic new projection show filled with special effects and magic, Cinderella Castle will transform into a shimmering canvas for images of Walt Disney World guests and the memories they made that day at Magic Kingdom.

In the nighttime spectacle, photos of guests captured that very day in the park will be projected larger-than-life among the spires and turrets of Cinderella Castle. In similar fashion, guest images will be projected onto “it’s a small world” on select nights at Disneyland Park in California, beginning Jan. 27.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0117ZZ_1286TA66484480.JPG
Views:	27891
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	29460  
Old 19 Jan 11, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The ten-minute experience – called “The Magic, The Memories, and You!” – will dazzle park guests on both coasts in ways never before experienced, themed to beloved Disney stories and with playful animated sequences that seem to defy the architecture of the buildings. The spectacle is scheduled most nights with up to two shows per night depending on theme park operating hours and other special ticketed events.

As many as 500 images shot that day will project onto the castle each night the show is presented, producers estimate. Disney PhotoPass photographers will capture guests creating new memories as they “smile for the castle.”

“Disney parks create family vacation memories to last a lifetime,” said Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney World Resort. “What better canvas for those memories than Cinderella Castle, one of the most photographed icons in the world.”

After the sun goes down, 16 high-powered state-of-the-art projectors will bring the castle to life as that day’s photos (and videos taken from Disney’s “Let the Memories Begin” online hub) seem to dance about the famous facade, explained Alan Bruun, associate creative director, Walt Disney World Entertainment.

As classic Disney music weaves in and out of the new “Let the Memories Begin” theme song,turrets spin while the castle shimmers and magically transforms itself in playful and exciting ways to accompany the guests’ memories of fun, adventure and family experiences.

“The images dance to the music and culminate in a spectacular finale punctuated by animated and actual fireworks,” Bruun said.

As Disney Parks encourages families to “Let the Memories Begin,” guests have been celebrating their only-at-Disney memories by sharing their stories and by uploading photos and videos online at DisneyParks.com/memories.

Vacation memories hold a special place in the hearts of families, too, according to a recent survey of Americans and Canadians conducted by Ypartnership, a leading research firm that tracks consumer insights and trends in travel.

Nine out of 10 parents polled said they plan their vacations with the express hope of creating a lasting family memory. And most memories don’t fade with the passage of time. Nearly three-quarters of those surveyed said they think back “often” or “very often” on their most cherished vacation memories.

BY THE NUMBERS: ‘The Magic, The Memories, and You!’ Nighttime Spectacle
  • Height of Cinderella Castle: 189 feet
  • Number of shows: up to two per night (select evenings)
  • Length of each show: ten minutes (approx.)
  • Projectors: 16
  • Same-day guest photos per show: up to 500
  • Total number of images projected per show: more than 5,000

Old 19 Jan 11, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post

OMG NO! The thought of having a HUGE picture of myself projected up on screen for all to see just fills me with dread!

Kids will find it cool though Im sure but not so sure about the adults!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 11, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Wow, when I saw the picture I thought it looked so tacky but having watched the video it actually looks really cool and very clever

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 11, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Will it feel like Candid Camera with photographers following you around the parks? I usually make quite a good job of not being in the photos. Very clever and cool for kids to see themselves in the images.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 11, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Was not sure how this would look but it will be something to make you linger a little longer in the park and will keep everyone looking for a picture of themselves too. It looks an expensive bit of projection kit

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 11, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan Horrocks
Getting Excited

I personally wouldn't want my picture up in lights! But the video looks really good

It says it includes fireworks, I wonder if that's in place of wishes?

Edited at 07:56 PM.
Dan Horrocks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 11, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
wickscorrie
Trying for More Ears

love it , it looks gorgeous
Old 19 Jan 11, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

I think it looks amazing.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 11, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
manners
Getting Excited

OMG that is amazing. I think it would be such a good memory to have me and my family on the castle. I watched the video twice. Will that be going on all year, I dont go untill October.
manners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List