Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Aug 11, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Cool

Can't wait to experience Potter world and help increase their profits for the second qtr of 2011.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 11, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post

My fiancee is a much bigger Potter fan than me,but having watched all the films with her,and read all the reviews of WWoHP,im really looking forward to seeing it. Ive a feeling with all the various merch available,we'll be contributing significantly towards the increased profits ourselves!
Old 15 Aug 11, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
paulandalison
Imagineer

paulandalison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
last year we went to HP at Universal it was in August,

the crowd was mental as I was in a scooter I could not see anything only peoples legs,

hopefully fingers crossed it will be ok going on the rides at HP when we go in May of next year, it should not have a million people pushing to get into the shops, one queue was over 2 hours long before they could get on a ride, we merely turned around to get out.
paulandalison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 11, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Andy M
Imagineer

Andy M's Reviews
Maybe someone cast a "figure altering" spell , lol

1999 ~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe (2n) / 2000 ~ DLP Day Trip
2004 ~ WDW All Star Movies (14n)
2005 ~ WDW All Star Movies (14n)
2009 ~ WDW Port Orleans Riverside - Disneymoon (21n)
2011 ~ WDW Port Orleans Riverside (14n)
2013 ~ WDW Port Orleans Riverside (21n)
2014 ~ WDW All Star Sports (14n)
2015 ~ WDW Port Orleans Riverside (14n)
2017 ~ WDW Yacht & Beach Club (14n)
Andy M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 11, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Not surprising... I was there last week and the crowds were mental (the joys of going in the school holiday season!). On top of that the merchandise is pretty expensive. I am a massive HP fan so I didn't mind spending the money but I think that the quality of some of the stuff could be much better for the prices which are being charged. It does make the rest of the park and Universal seem a bit boring now I think they need to make some improvements so that people who go regularly don't get bored. Overall it was an amazing experience... next time I will go at a quieter time of the year though!
Old 15 Aug 11, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I know Universal have marketed WWoHP hugely and globally, but I can't help but wonder how much of the appeal comes from word of mouth. I've lost count of the number of people I've told "You must go - it is the most fantastic thing - the setting of the books come to life" We only went in April but can't wait to go back next year. In the words of DD "maybe we'll go twice next time ... or even seven times"!

Edited at 09:17 PM. Reason: missed "
Old 16 Aug 11, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
annabella
Apprentice Imagineer

annabella's Reviews
I was there last year when it was being previewed and really didn't see what the hype was about. I had at that point never seen a harry poter film or read a book, it may appeal more this year now I have seen all the films
annabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 11, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

We went in September last year and i definetly contributed to the merchandise profits!
Personally we didn't find the crowds too bad, but we did get there at opening and had left by mid-day, so by that point loads of people were pouring in through the gates!
The merchandise i bought was all excellent quality and i didn't think it was too badly priced at all, i had expected it to be a lot worse. I think there was merchandise at a range of prices so you could spend as much or as little as you wanted.

We are going in April next year and i cannot wait to have a frozen butterbeer and sit in WWOHP and people watch! :-)
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 11, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List