Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 5 Jun 15, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Brings back some great memories of our visit to the falls - such an amazing place and the falls are stunning.

Our son loved Clifton Hill but being 8 at the time it was right up his street and he still talks about how good it was, erm hello what about the big waterfall down the street? Kids!

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 15, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lucylou
Excited about Disney

Loved your photos. I was glad to read your comments on the drive from Toronto down to Niagara. I am going at the end of July and have already booked a hire car but was worrying about the drive.
Old 9 Jun 15, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I have a similar set of photos! We hired a car too - it makes for a more relaxed day!

Glad you had a fab day!
Thanks Mel. I know you told me beforehand not to worry about hiring a car - you were right!

Originally Posted by BONZO View Post
What a difference a month or so makes after we did our trip. Nice to see the ice had gone from the falls and the flowers were out. I guess we'll have to go back sometime to complete the falls experience properly. Glad that the Here app worked out for you.
Thanks Bonzo. Yes you can't believe it can warm up so much in just a few weeks. The Here app was such a great tip - our only slight worry was that our phone would die on us! We had to turn it off once we were back on the main road, just so we could find our hotel at the other end. Think we made it with just 2% battery left.

Originally Posted by sameeel View Post
Another awesome day... You're making me really excited for our trip
Thanks for reading. I'm excited to read all about your trip too.

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
Brings back some great memories of our visit to the falls - such an amazing place and the falls are stunning.

Our son loved Clifton Hill but being 8 at the time it was right up his street and he still talks about how good it was, erm hello what about the big waterfall down the street? Kids!
This made me laugh. I can see why kids might like it. They probably think Niagara Falls themselves are boring.

Originally Posted by lucylou View Post
Loved your photos. I was glad to read your comments on the drive from Toronto down to Niagara. I am going at the end of July and have already booked a hire car but was worrying about the drive.
Glad to help. Honestly, the drive was fine, especially if you stick to the two main roads and don't go the scenic route on the way home. Well not without a sat nav anyway!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 15, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sameeel
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jocat View Post

Thanks for reading. I'm excited to read all about your trip too.
I will do my best..., I start out with good intentions but then they go by the wayside ...
Old 24 Jul 15, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Great to hear it's an easy drive. We are also renting a car but spending the night in Niagara before heading past Toronto and off to Picton for a couple of days.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Really enjoyed reading this. Made me re live our visit all over again. Clifton Hill is a bit "strange" beside the beautiful falls. We didnt spend any time there despite originally booking a night there. Cancelled as it was a bit "hilly" for us. Glad we did as I liked staying in Toronto better.
Really enjoying your trippie. Thanks for sharing.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

I loved walking behind the falls when we went. Niagara falls was fav part of our Canada holiday.
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 15, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Looks brilliant, my DH has said that he doesn't want to do the boat trips when we go in October but to me they look unmissable!
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 15, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Originally Posted by beautybutterfly View Post
Looks brilliant, my DH has said that he doesn't want to do the boat trips when we go in October but to me they look unmissable!
Definitely worth doing. We went from the Canadian side last week, and the close ups you get right by the Horsehoe Falls are fantastic.

If you do go, one tip we took on board was to book our tickets before we went, thereby avoiding the queues for tickets when there. You may find queues aren't so bad in October, but we saved ourselves around half an hour.

Would also say that it's worth driving out to Niagara on the Lake - it's so different to Niagara Falls, a really quaint town with lots of eating places and very peaceful.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 15, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Wow! What a day!

Niagara looks amazing, as so the rapids!

Food looks great again, I love a bit of Chicken Parm!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List