Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Feb 16, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Black81
Helping Mickey

Best age for Florida

So, was telling my colleagues at work about our planned trip next year. One of my colleagues thinks that my kids are much too young for Florida. They will be ten and five when we go. She says there is no way she would bring young children. She says she would only go with teenagers. I am now second thinking my decision. Reassurance please!
Black81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It's a personal choice and only you will know if your kids will enjoy it - my kids will be 10 & 8 when we go and I think it's a great age, but would have taken them when they were younger had we been able to afford it then!

I think your work colleague is talking out of her backside X personally anyway!

Edited at 08:32 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 16, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
DS was just 6 when we first took him. He loved it!
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 16, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Byrne2711
Getting Excited

Rubbish. i personally reckon 3-4 is too young, but my cousin went last year when she was 4 and seemed to love it and is still talking about it now!
Byrne2711 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 16, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

There is no bad age if you ask me. As long as you are comfortable its no one elses decision. Five and Ten for me are good ages. We have taken our son to both california and florida since he was five. So forget what you colleague has said and have a fantastic time.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 16, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
beswicky2k
Excited about Disney

I totally disagree with your friend, Florida is suitable for all ages, my daughters loved it when they were little, one daughter was only 2 on her first trip and still loved it last year when all four daughters came with us, ages 24, 18, 16 and 13! There is something for everyone
Old 18 Feb 16, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
the willys
Excited about Disney

Our boys were 9,11 and 15 when we first took them. Which was great as they could go on everything, but i felt a bit sad that they had gone past the 'magical' stage. They would have loved all the toy storey and monsters inc stuff when they were younger.
We could not afford to take them sadly when they were younger, but weve made up for it now
I dont think there is a correct age, there is stuff there for all ages. Its an amzing place, and the right time is when you can afford to go as a family.
Id take no notice you colleague sounds jealous
Old 18 Feb 16, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post

noooo my DD was 7/8ish when we last went and she remembers more than me, she is 16 now and we are going again in september with my DS who will be 8 ... very apprehensive as it be a whole new experience for me as that was my last hol abroad with the x and this time just me and the children but nooooo the kids will love it things for all ages and each one will gain so much enjoyment just try to make things happen for all of you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 16, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
stace19
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Any age is a good age from babies to the elderly. We took ds when he was 18 months old and last year when he was 4. Both times were just as good. Contemplating taking a 10 month and 5 year old next year. Yes we will get the over opinionated people saying they are too young, but what do they know
Old 18 Feb 16, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Our kids have been lucky enough to go a few times, starting at 2 and now 10. They have loved different things each time we've been as they have got older.

True, they can't go on the big thrill rides until they are tall enough and our last trip was when pretty much everything was available to them, but there is so so much more than thrill rides. There are also things that no longer have the same appeal as they grow out of them. The parks, especially Disney, are geared up for kids and adults of all ages. Going when they're teenagers misses that early years Character magic.

Both 5 and 10 are fabulous ages for a trip to Florida... Stop worrying and enjoy the planning.

Edited at 08:54 PM.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread