Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Dec 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tfmay
Getting Excited

Auto Europe car rental via skyscanner - good prices

Hi

Been keeping an eye on car rental and completed my search tonight and to my surprise for my dates in June for 12 night/13 days rental it's suddenly gone down to £205 with Hertz for an int. SUV which I think is a cracking price... usually an Alamo user but at that price I have booked immediately.

Tried via cashback sites and the prices changed so I will forgo my cashback rate and booked directly on the Auto Europe site, might be worth checking your dates

Hope it helps someone...
tfmay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes, I have booked Alamo via autoeurope for May/June already but have been checking back Daily for any price drops (they are expensive next year!). Just checked now and my full size has dropped £15 so amended and received the difference.

Will carry on doing this until we go. It’s still £150 more than we paid last year!
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Just checked and for our dates the jeep Cherokee suv is £313 as opposed to the standard suv we have booked at £500 with Alamo!

Have to rebook at that rate! I’m a hertz gold member from attempting to use a previous deal, can I skip the counter and go straight to garage etc?

Are hertz actually any good? Bar the harder sell etc but I’m experienced enough to bat them away and check docs as we leave etc.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
family of 7
I want to go now!

Awesome post!

I've been checking regularly for our summer holiday hire - best price by a fair chunk!

Saved us £170. Thank you very, very much!
family of 7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Interesting the hertz rate I booked this morning has now gone!

Now just need to cancel Alamo brits booking which should be easy but I lost the cc a few weeks ago and got a new one, already sending me round the houses with no resolution in sight!

Nothing ever simple!
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger Lily
Earning More Ears

After reading your post I saw a really good rate for my dates. Went to book it a bit later and the rate had shot up. Should've booked it straight away. Oh well 😔
Old 3 Dec 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Other than Virgin everywhere else is double the cost for our dates next year
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Keep looking toonarmani. Wasn’t happy at £500 with Alamo so looked pretty much everyday and after seeing this thread checked again and booked at £313.

The way this deal was pulled suggests it was a glitch tho and paperwork says I paid £550 which is the current price!
Old 3 Dec 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Keep looking toonarmani. Wasn’t happy at £500 with Alamo so looked pretty much everyday and after seeing this thread checked again and booked at £313.

The way this deal was pulled suggests it was a glitch tho and paperwork says I paid £550 which is the current price!
I've paid ~£530 with Virgin for just under 3 weeks, however everywhere else I've checked is ~£1000 and up for the exact same deal with Alamo.

At least if a deal does come along to beat Virgin they still offer free cancellations.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Hmmm auto Europe have now changed my booking from hertz to dollar. Same price and same intermediate SUV tho.

Need to start researching dollar now!