Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Aug 16, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Dans
Earning More Ears

Dilemma! Of a good sort!

So I booked our holiday through Virgin Holidays around a year ago and just booked the car hire with the package (Naive or just for ease I am not sure) in any case I have been getting concerned with what car I will end up with and so decided to ask how much to upgrade.

I currently have booked a Intermediate SUV (Rav4 or Similar) there are 3 adults 1 infant so we will have 4 Big cases and a pushchair and car seat. Now a RAV4 I think may be OK (I have a Jeep Cherokee at home which is another one in this class and same size as Rav4 and looks to be a squeeze with all that but should work) but I see Alamo are trying to tell people that a jeep Renegade or Chevvy Trax (Vauxhall Mokka) is in the same class - big difference in size!

I asked virgin holidays how much money i would get back by changing and they have said it would be £547! I CANT BELIEVE I PAID THIS MUCH! so i will be cancelling the car and booking through someone else (Alamo Brits most likely)

So now my Dilemma...

I can book a standard SUV with Alamo Brits and this would cost me £417 for the 2 weeks so i would still be £130 better off.

However...

I have always wanted to drive a mustang or camaro... obviously with luggage concerns I cant do that for the airport runs.

So my thoughts were...

Standard SUV from Airport to Villa (we are allocate on arrival and so dont know cost of uber etc and dont want the hassle!) £38 through brits for 24 hours hire

Following day drive to disney Car Care Centre and hand back that car and pick up a Mustang or Similar (thoughts on what i may get there beginning November appreciated) £363

Then day before we leave hand the Mustang back and pick up the SUV again - £38

So I could get the best of both worlds for a total cost of £440 and still be £100 better off.

Is this going to be too much hassle? in my mind it seems fairly straight forward but i dont know whether to just cancel get the standard suv and be done with and maybe just hire a mustang for a couple of days whilst we have the SUV as well? !

AHHHH!

HELP ME PLEASE DIBBERS!
Dans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
thedohs
Trying for More Ears

You could do check in at Disney Springs in the mustang on the morning of your return.

Then you don't need to hire the car for the last day.

Just an idea.
thedohs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Problem I think you'll have from what I've read, getting an adult in the back of a mustang is pretty difficult.
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Dans
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post
Problem I think you'll have from what I've read, getting an adult in the back of a mustang is pretty difficult.
Didnt even think to check that! Selflishly just thought of me as driver! Oops!

Yes maybe my plan is scuppered!

Full size SUV and maybe a Mustang (Or Similar! ) For a day!
Dans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If there are two drivers in your party why not hire the mustang for £130 worth of days
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Just a heads up. Drove past the Disney CCC yesterday and I know it's August so high demand but there couldn't have been 20 cars parked up out the back
Normally there's about 100!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread