Notices

Old 12 May 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
This is all very exciting! Love all your plans! I can’t wait to read all about the brunch at CG! Bet it’s lush!

Very much looking forward to all the awkward character photos! Haha!

Day 5 is the first MK visit?! My word! That’s got to be a record?!

Don’t get a popcorn bucket, it’ll do your head in I reckon!

HHN - get it booked!

Countdown is ticking along nicely! Eeeeeeep too exciting! Xxx
So excited for the brunch! And happy it’s near the start of the holiday so I don’t wish the days away looking forward to it.

SO much potential for awkward character photos. I can’t wait.

Well. Lisa’s comments also made me think that so we might have to break with tradition and do a park hop on our first day 🙀 as there’s no party at MK that night so we might do Epcot in the morning and MK later on, assuming we can stay awake. Better?

HHN is A’s forte, I’m leaving it up to him!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Toff Princess View Post
Your pre-trip plans are better reading than some peoples actual Trip reports! YESSSSSSSSS!
Hahaha thank you very much! *bows*
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

***UPDATE***

I woke up early this morning and thought I’d have another look at our ADRs, and make sure they all aligned to park hours etc. I then got a little carried away and made some rather radical changes. Ready?

Day 1: Garden Grill breakfast remains. But as my good friends have pointed out to me, it simply will not do to wait 5 days to get to Magic Kingdom so I think rather than staying in Epcot, we’ll hop over to MK in the afternoon/evening and have a QS dinner there. Maybe we’ll give Pecos Bill another shot, although I’m furious that there is now an additional charge for guacamole. I see you, Bill, and I’m giving you the side-eye.

Day 2: No change. Universal. No reservations.

Day 3: No change. Yak & Yeti lunch & Blaze QS in the evening.

Day 4: Cali Grill brunch, MK, QS in the evening somewhere.

Day 5: No change. QS day at DHS.

Day 6: Birthday. Crystal Palace breakfast. I then thought long and hard about what I wanted to do, and decided to can the Citricos booking. Given we’ll have hopefully seen Happily Ever After twice by now, it didn’t feel *as* important to be by MK all day. So we’ll be there most of the day, then I’ve made a reservation at The Edison for the evening. I’m not mega excited by the food (although you KNOW I’m going to pay $15 for three bits of bacon clipped to a clothes line) but I’m dying to see what the place is like. I fancy a slow cocktail crawl of Disney Springs, bit of shopping etc. I want to try the roof bar at Paddlefish too. I’m damn well going to go to Dockside Margaritas too. I feel much happier with this decision as not only has it freed up a couple more credits, I think Andy will enjoy it more too. Maybe I’ll get to Citricos on my 50th.

Day 7: No change. Le Cellier dinner.

Day 8: No change. Universal, and the Cape May Cafe evening buffet.

Day 9: Early morning at MK. BoG breakfast. I’ve also used the spare credits from cancelling Citricos to book the Jungle Skippers Canteen for a late lunch. It gets good reviews and I love the look of the menu. Excited for this one, especially as it means we don’t have to leave the park.

Day 10: Another new entry. Lunch at Morimoto Asia. I’ve always wanted to try this, and was considering it for my birthday night but it’s 2x credits in the evening yet largely the same menu for a 1x credit lunch so I think this is a better plan.

Day 11: No change. Early dinner at Homecomin’.

Day 12: No reservations

Day 13: The Wave breakfast, and another new entrant - I have booked Trattoria Al Forno on the Boardwalk for the evening. We were going to do Tutto Italia but I compared the menus this morning and know we’ll be happier at Trattoria Al Forno. I don’t think we'll be doing MVMCP in the evening this time so we’ll spend our last night around Epcot & the Boardwalk.

Day 14: No change. Cape May Cafe character buffet breakfast.

So that’s it. I feel much happier with the changes I’ve made. That’s all the TS credits accounted for now. Phew.

What do you think?

Edited at 09:23 AM.
Old 12 May 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Ooo what a productive Saturday morning you have had! I am very excited by the new additions... particularly The Edison (clothes line bacon a must) and Jungle Skippers Canteen... two that I am really hope to try on our next trip.

And great news you will be making it to MK much earlier in the trip, absolutely essential if you ask me. Park hopping is the perfect solution and at this early stage you will most certainly have the energy for it!

And apologies on the typos in my last comment... you know me, inevitable!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Ooo what a productive Saturday morning you have had! I am very excited by the new additions... particularly The Edison (clothes line bacon a must) and Jungle Skippers Canteen... two that I am really hope to try on our next trip.

And great news you will be making it to MK much earlier in the trip, absolutely essential if you ask me. Park hopping is the perfect solution and at this early stage you will most certainly have the energy for it!

And apologies on the typos in my last comment... you know me, inevitable!
It’s been a lovely start to the day, lying in bed, poring over Disney menus and restaurant reviews. What could be finer?

Yes, we never normally park hop on the first day as we like a dawn to dusk immersion in one park, but needs must, I think!
Old 12 May 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I actually shrieked when I heard you’d killed off Citricos , but I’ll let you off in the spirit of taking one for the team and trying out The Edison, as I haven’t read many reviews of it yet. We've no room this year but I'm definitely going to do lunch in future.

We’re doing Skippers Canteen too, I’m a bit meh about the menu (more so because I know Nik will struggle with it, I’m pretty easy going) but everyone does seem to rave about it, and it’s the only MK restaurant we haven’t tried yet.

Also looking forward to reading about Morimoto Asia, I only recently discovered that it’s only one TS credit for lunch so we’ll definitely squeeze that in somewhere; I’m not in any rush to try it because I’m not a fan of Asian food but I’ll give it a whirl for 1 credit.

Bit disappointed to see Tutto Italia go, mainly because I wanted to eat there myself this year but looking forward to seeing how you get on at Trattoria al Forno.

I’ve just checked and we’re actually not making it to MK until 5 days in either

If you’re anything like me there will be more changes to come
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Loving the updates and all very good ones!

I’m glad MK has been slotted in earlier

The Edison looks v impressive! Can’t wait to see what it’s like! Ditto with Morimoto! It’s one we’ve been meaning to do, but haven’t quite gotten round to it!

That Italian on the boardwalk is supposed to be fab! Lovely plans for your last night, especially as there will be honeymoon memories ❤️

Xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I'm not entirely sure how I have missed this until now
What a great result that you ended up at the Beach Club, although I can imagine a very stressful few months. They don't make it easy do they?
I'm sorry to hear about Hero and Ebs, its horrible having poorly pets . Your kittens are very cute though!
I hope you both have a brilliant time. As usual I am looking forward to your trippy

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving the changes 😊 all sounds good to me! And an extra charge for guacamole - outrageous! Xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

So exciting, and you have so much planned already.

Just read the pre-trippie in one go, so am replying to all the entries.

Shame about Saratoga Springs. When you mentioned it being like an old school country club I had images of it being like Red Oaks with short shorts and 80s haircuts. I'm sure it is much classier IRL.

Wow! Move to the Beach Club. What an excellent birthday present. It is so nice being so close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Hope you have a fabulous time on your surprise but stressful upgrade.

I saw you've decided to do Disney Springs for your birthday now. I was going to suggest maybe Yachtsman followed by drinks/crawl round the Crescent Lake resorts and bars, ending the evening in Jelly Rolls.
Edison looks fab though, great idea to do Disney Springs.

I would be far too scared to do Halloween Horror Nights, I jumped when an unexpected Grim Grinning Ghost popped out of a grave next to me on Haunted Mansion so would be a gibbering wreck at HHN.

I fly World Traveller Plus on BA for work (long haul we get to go premium economy/equivalent) and it is decent.
The film selection available is not as good as Virgin but otherwise it is ok. Worth signing up for their Executive Club scheme too as you earn a decent amount of Avios (airmiles) travelling long haul in Premium. I flew to DC and and earned enough miles for a return to a European destination.

Looking forward to reading more, as I am nosy too!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List