Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Jan 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BertnErnie
Trading Disney Pins

Sixt Premium SUV (XFAR)

Having always used either Hertz or Alamo for US rentals, Ive decided to go for Sixt on our next trip. Were staying onsite for two weeks in June, so I thought I'd just rent a car for 7 days - planning to use Disney transport and Uber for the rest.

Ive had Tahoes recently and a Ford Crowne Vic many years ago. I've liked the idea of driving a uniquely "American" vehicle - genuinely 'full-size', body-on-frame, big V8 etc. But this time I thought I'd prefer something smaller and more premium or luxury, but none of the regular car classes with the big firms really appealed.

What caught my eye with Sixt was a good looking deal on a premium saloon - Merc C class or similar. However, I managed to up-sell myself to a premium SUV - listed as a Merc GLE or similar. Thinking it would give me the best of both worlds. I was especially interested to see that one of the similar vehicles listed is a Cadillac Escalade - yet the price for this class (XFAR) was 30% cheaper than a Tahoe (FFAR) with sixt. Now, despite the novelty of the Tahoe having worn off, I would still be happy to find myself in an Escalade - especially at about half the price it normally seems to rent for at other firms!

So does anyone have any experience of renting this class of vehicle with Sixt - what do you think I'm actually likely to get - do they give you any choice?
BertnErnie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
rcrutchley101
Serious Dibber

I'm looking at renting a Premium SUV from Sixt. What car did you get?
rcrutchley101 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
BertnErnie
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I can't tell you just yet as we do f go 'til 2nd June and won't be picking up the car 'til the 8th. I booked and XFAR class listed as a Merc GLE or BMW X5 to pick up from the Kissimmee branch rather than the airport
2020 Hard Rock, HGV Seaworld (no Disney )
2022 Grand Floridian, Hard Rock, AOA Villa
BertnErnie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
stewart&lynn
Excited about Disney

Hi,

I am curious to find out how you got on with Sixt. We have booked with them for October this year, same category as yourself. My DH is wanting an Cadillac Escalade too. Here's hoping they have one when we get there. Fingers crossed.

Old 22 Jun 17, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
BertnErnie
Trading Disney Pins

I got a Volvo XC90. I probably wouldn't have picked this model had I been given a choice but I was pleasantly surprised. Very good quality and spacious interior. Plently of equipment, especially driver aids - adaptive cruise with lane keeping, blind spot warning, all round camera with automatic parking etc. Only a 2l 4cyl engine but it puts out well over 300bhp and felt quicker than than the much heavier v8 powered Tahoes I have had on my last two trips. The Volvo probably had as much, if not more, usable space inside as well. The branch I picked up from was inside the Ramada Gateway on the 192 and it seemed pretty quiet. There was nobody on the desk when I arrived and I had to wait a while before someone came to serve me. No alternative or upsell offered except the usual breakdown and prepaid fuel/tolls. I signed the agreement and they brought the vehicle round for me. Gave advice but wouldn't help to fit the car seat I had prebooked. Drop off was similarly painless. The agent told me that they are seeing a lot of more volvos comming onto the fleet. I will use them again if the price is right
Old 22 Jun 17, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BertnErnie View Post
I got a Volvo XC90. I probably wouldn't have picked this model had I been given a choice but I was pleasantly surprised. Very good quality and spacious interior. Plently of equipment, especially driver aids - adaptive cruise with lane keeping, blind spot warning, all round camera with automatic parking etc. Only a 2l 4cyl engine but it puts out well over 300bhp and felt quicker than than the much heavier v8 powered Tahoes I have had on my last two trips. The Volvo probably had as much, if not more, usable space inside as well. The branch I picked up from was inside the Ramada Gateway on the 192 and it seemed pretty quiet. There was nobody on the desk when I arrived and I had to wait a while before someone came to serve me. No alternative or upsell offered except the usual breakdown and prepaid fuel/tolls. I signed the agreement and they brought the vehicle round for me. Gave advice but wouldn't help to fit the car seat I had prebooked. Drop off was similarly painless. The agent told me that they are seeing a lot of more volvos comming onto the fleet. I will use them again if the price is right
Great feed back. If you took a photo of it and have time it might be nice to post it in the 'pictures of hire car section' of forum above as there is not much there from sixt. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...107406&page=41

Edited at 07:44 AM.
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jlo31 View Post
Great feed back. If you took a photo of it and have time it might be nice to post it in the 'pictures of hire car section' of forum above as there is not much there from sixt. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...107406&page=41
Thanks that was a nice write up and great photos taken.
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stewart&lynn
Excited about Disney

Cheers for the update.