Notices

Old 17 May 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

Cool *UPDATE*..and on the 7th day thou shalt plan like thou hast never planned before” New Year 2017/2018

Cast

Leanne (Me), 37: Orlando Aficionado, Bank, Drinker of fine (and not-so-fine) wines
Marc (DH), 42: Basically a hilarious child in an adult person body, comic & movie buff geek
Myka (DD), 6: Basically a hilarious child in a child person body, comedy sidekick to DH
Xander (DS), 4: Car and plane fanatic, loves the car park tram as much as the rides!

To give a little context to this trip, let me explain – to celebrate my DH’s big 4-0 in 2015, last year (2016) I organized 3 weeks in Florida in the sweltering August heat with our 2 little first timers (who were then 2 & 5) and various family members and it was… *whispers* a bit of a let-down. To be fair, that is probably a slight mis-statement – the first week when it was just the 4 of us doing Disney it was brilliant, dancing to the beat of our own drum and all that…but the more family that joined us, the harder it became to keep everyone happy (especially certain unnamed family members who freely chose to join our merry band only to moan that it was too hot – its August! Too busy – its August! And too expensive – its <bleeping> AUGUST!). Anyhow, I digress, long story short I came away with a distinct need to have a do-over (or do my in-laws over, which ever you choose – probably both in truth).

Having worked my <imaginary> balls off all year, I was hopeful that I might get more than just the usual “cheers-me-old-mucker-don’t-spend-it-all-at-once” crappy pay rise/bonus (Note 1: I do, in fact, appreciate that many people don’t get anything so please don’t think me an ungrateful cow). With this in mind, I set to work researching and browsing and comparing and number-crunching in preparation for finding out whether my big surprise trip would be set in motion or my hopes dashed by evil corporate big-wigs. Thankfully it was the former and so, goodbye to my hard earned cash as I secretly booked:

• LGW-MCO on BA: 28 Dec 2017 – 11(12) Jan 2018 with AVIS Preferred, full size car
• Valet parking at LGW with Premium Security
• No. 1 Lounge at LGW
• 2 weeks at 7th Heaven Villa, Indian Creek (thank you fellow dibbers Caroline & Nick indiancreekorlando)

(Note 2: In the spirit of full disclosure, yes, my daughter will be ‘missing’ 5 days at school, yes I have considered the impact that might have on her future ability to win a Nobel Prize – she’s a good kid, who works hard and I think she’ll survive but thank you for anyone concerned)

And so to the title of this pre-trip report… despite his sunny disposition and goof-ball antics, Marc is somewhat of a worrier. The older he gets he dislikes new things and hates being out of his comfort zone. Now, before I digress again and start talking about my various comfort zones (!) I find the best way to help manage his worry is to plan, plan and plan some more. Plan Bullseye! Plan like the wind! Its not necessarily that we stick to said plan – in fact, we usually end up going completely ‘off-piste’ (or is that just “piste”? must be all the Appletinis!) – but the thought that we have some sort of reference point seems to make him happy, so planning it is.

**UPDATE**

After some seriously organised ADR-ing, the Itinerary is really shaping up! Just waiting on ROL Dining Package release for Jan and I'll be done for ADRS

And finally….

As you may have already gathered, this is a super secret mission and one that I am sworn to keep until Christmas Day, at which point we’ll be approximately T-minus 60 hours to departure…the ‘reveal’ is probably the only thing I have actually worked out and you lucky people are about to hear the plan because I can’t bloody share it with anyone else and Im desperate to tell….

Picture this… Christmas day, a beautiful log fire crackling as the snow falls outside creating a winter wonderland… Ahem. OK.
Picture this…Christmas day, having been woken up at some ungodly hour to be told by the fruit of my loins that a certain overweight old guy has been up to his old tricks of breaking into houses and leaving enough chocolate and toys to send most kids into the spinning-sugar-crash-of-doom by midday, I will spend the best part of the day cooking, drinking, putting batteries in things and picking bits of wrapping paper off my socks. We always do our family present exchange after dinner (usually around 3pm) so I’ll make sure the ‘reveal’ is the last present to be opened, addressed to my husband and the 2 kids. I plan to have a box within a box within a box within a box – big outer box wrapped in obligatory xmas paper, next box has a big 3 on it, next box has a big 2 on it, next box has a big 1 on it…. Open that box and out floats a helium balloon with “Happy New Year” written on it and tethered to the ribbon as a weight is a card informing the family that this year they will be experiencing Kids New Years Eve at Legoland and a bit of info about what they can expect. Of course, there would be no reason for any of them to suspect that this isn’t Legoland Windsor (who also do the Kids New Years Eve thing). The final act will be a small note tucked in the ribbon curls of the balloon which I will ask Myka to retrieve and read – it’ll simply say “only valid for Legoland Florida”. And so they shall cheer and weep and anoint me as the best mother on earth that ever was.

And there you have it. My meticulously planned reveal which I have not overthought at all, thank you very much.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my pre-trippie; no doubt this is now going to be the longest wait of my life

Edited at 11:32 AM.
MrsH070707 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Brilliant! I can't wait to hear all about it 😃
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelsisy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

How on earth will you keep this a surprise?! You have my admiration. I have been boring my family for more than 500 days already and we still have a similar countdown to you! Keep us updated! X
Old 18 May 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Brilliant! Really hope the reveal goes well and look forward to reading along! x
Old 18 May 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

I honestly honestly don't know - I nearly got rumbled when the villa confirmation came with loads of Florida leaflets etc and I quickly binned the whole lot claiming it was "junk" from the villa we used last year and had to retrieve it from the bin once he'd gone to bed!
MrsH070707 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Great start ! Sounds like it will be a great trip . I am really excited to hear about the reveal x

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

Because my true countdown is just tooooo far away...

38 days until I'll be sitting, gripping the phone like my life depends on it, punching that redial and offering all my worldly possessions to some poor Disney crew member to give me a table for breakfast at Cinderellas Royal Table in week between Xmas and New Year

Let the fun begin
Old 25 May 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Ahh what an exciting plan, no idea how you're keeping quiet I'd be fit to burst!
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Ahh what an exciting plan, no idea how you're keeping quiet I'd be fit to burst!
I know...and worst part is I can't tell any family either for fear of it slipping out. My poor work colleagues are going to be sick to the back teeth of me by Christmas!
Old 13 Jun 17, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

Countdown. Could. Not. Go. Any. Slower.