Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Jun 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
I_Am_Groot
Proud to wear my Ears

Cant Skip the counter Alamo Brits

I booked a car through Alamo Brits, when I went to do skip the counter got a message saying 'Amount due at pick up $360' I saw another thread about this and emails back and forth. So I emailed Alamo and apparently 'Alamo Brits' is a 3rd party so cant do 'skip the counter!'

Has anyone else had these issues? here is the reply I got from Alamo...

Thank you for reaching back out to me. I apologize for any stress this issue has caused. I want to ensure you that your reservation is confirmed and has been prepaid. Unfortunately, the reservation is not compatible for skip the counter as it is prepaid through the the UK booking system which uses a voucher for payment here in the U.S.

I can confirm the reservation is prepaid and you will not have to pay that amount again at the counter. This is visible on the reservation in our system and the location agents in Orlando also have access to this information that shows the amount processed for this rental was $306.68 USD. I will add a note to the reservation to confirm this for you which the location Manager will also have access to view. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused.

Kind regards,
Sharon
Alamo Customer Care
Old 27 Jun 17, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. Usual E Mail nonsense from Alamo ref 3rd party suppliers. I have been using 3rd party suppliers for 10 years at least. So thats 30 rentals and I always skip the counter!

Do online check in, get the barcode and go straight to the garage. Or you can have a look at the Sticky above and try the 2nd tab on your PC trick. Normally works.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
I_Am_Groot
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. Usual E Mail nonsense from Alamo ref 3rd party suppliers. I have been using 3rd party suppliers for 10 years at least. So thats 30 rentals and I always skip the counter!

Do online check in, get the barcode and go straight to the garage. Or you can have a look at the Sticky above and try the 2nd tab on your PC trick. Normally works.
Was hoping you would reply, you should change your name to Mr Car Hire mate. I have done the online check in and printed it off it has a bar code at the very top is this what you mean? Do you think I Should just leave the the skip the counter section or enter CC details and hope they dont bill me twice?

Thanks again.
Old 27 Jun 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I would try the skip process, nothing to be lost. Surely you have entered your credit/debit card at OLCI stage?
However what you have is fine and will be ok in the garage.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We had similar. Had prepaid but OLCI said we still owed on arrival. Its a glitch on their system.

We emailed Alamo who confirmed we had prepaid. You have that too now. Print it off and take it with you.

Do your OLCI and Skip the Counter which you will be able to do. Make sure you have the barcode at the end.

I went prepared for a problem so also printed our original booking confirmation and a copy of our credit card statement showing it was prepaid.

Went straight to the garage and never needed any proof if was prepaid. They actually told us that it was at the exit barrier.

Just make sure the paperwork they give you says 0.00 to pay as you leave the garage.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
I_Am_Groot
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
We had similar. Had prepaid but OLCI said we still owed on arrival. Its a glitch on their system.

We emailed Alamo who confirmed we had prepaid. You have that too now. Print it off and take it with you.

Do your OLCI and Skip the Counter which you will be able to do. Make sure you have the barcode at the end.

I went prepared for a problem so also printed our original booking confirmation and a copy of our credit card statement showing it was prepaid.

Went straight to the garage and never needed any proof if was prepaid. They actually told us that it was at the exit barrier.

Just make sure the paperwork they give you says 0.00 to pay as you leave the garage.
Hi thanks for this, so you completed skip the counter even though it said money to pay at pick up? I'm assuming nothing came out on your card at a later date?

Really appreciate your help.
Old 27 Jun 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by I_Am_Groot View Post
Hi thanks for this, so you completed skip the counter even though it said money to pay at pick up? I'm assuming nothing came out on your card at a later date?

Really appreciate your help.
Yes completed it all and it still said we owed it on arrival, but we were only charged the once (the original prepay). But as I say we went armed with proof if needed. You just have to make sure the paperwork you are given there says you have nothing to pay. We bought it home as back up in case we needed it once back. We haven't though.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Good advice above. Triple check your paperwork at the barrier before you drive off. I couldn't care less about people behind me. I want to see a max of $45 (pre pay fuel) and thats it.
My Son goes nuts! Hurry up old man. Well I keep everything! I even have toll reciepts from 10 years ago!

Old 27 Jun 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
I_Am_Groot
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Good advice above. Triple check your paperwork at the barrier before you drive off. I couldn't care less about people behind me. I want to see a max of $45 (pre pay fuel) and thats it.
My Son goes nuts! Hurry up old man. Well I keep everything! I even have toll reciepts from 10 years ago!
Ha ha love that. I have added the pre pay fuel they have quoted $31 do you pay that at the garage or does it come off the CC Details you leave with them when you collect the car?

Thanks again
Old 27 Jun 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by I_Am_Groot View Post
Ha ha love that. I have added the pre pay fuel they have quoted $31 do you pay that at the garage or does it come off the CC Details you leave with them when you collect the car?

Thanks again
They will give you a new reciept at the exit barrier. Triple check it that it's circa that price. When you return the car they scan the window barcode and that generates a small credit card reciept. Thats when you get charged.
Again, and I cannot stress this enough. Check that as well!