Notices

Old 17 Mar 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
You'll love the Inn on 5th, it's fabulous. Just along from there is Bistro 821 which is amazing and just around the corner on the Tamiami is Brooks Brothers for the best burgers in Naples. Also when you're in Tin City just past the marina is Riverwalk where they do the most amazing cocktails. Try a Key Lime Colada, it's like an alcoholic key lime pie put through a blender!
That sounds amazing! I'm quite looking forward to our random night at Inn on 5th - initially I looked at another night at the BH&GC but it was coming out really expensive. I really want to try and make it down to Naples pier this time too! It really is beautiful in Naples, can't wait it to go back

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Exciting. Glad your plans have all come together. Shame we won't be able to meet up this year. Look forward to reading, seeing and hearing all about!

M x
I can't wait to read about your West Coast trip too! We even had a mini discussion about leaving Orlando until 2020 to make sure Star Wars land is over and doing the West Coast instead in 2019 but ... We will see x

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sounds like a great trip!
Thank you

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Sounds like a fantastic trip! And so pleased you're finally getting to go on a cruise! Looking forward to reading all about it
I'm really looking forward to trying a cruise as so many friends who have been rave about it! I'm hoping we don't like it *too* much as it'll be too hard to choose between that and Orlando!

Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
Plans sound great. Looking forward to reading all about your trip.
Thank you

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Sounds like a fab trip you've got planned we are hoping to try a cruise next year so will look forward to the trippie for tips 😁
We are total cruise first timers so will be posting everything we do and hopefully you'll be able to see what goes well and what we pick up. I've been reading loads online but it's a bit overwhelming the first time!

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Love your trip reports! This sounds fab! Happy planning
Thank you so much

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Been waiting for this! Great plans, look forward to following along xx
Thank you! xx
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Fab, looking forward to the report! Have a wonderful time!

We are thinking of doing a week or few days in the Keys, I've been (years ago) but DH hasn't, and I'd love him to see the place. So I'll be avidly reading your report to see what you do so I can get some ideas ...
Old 19 Mar 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It looks like it's going to be a fab trip, the cruise is an exciting bonus! Are you sure it's going to be cheaper than Orlando?

Have fun planning your trip. I can't wait to read all about when you do your trip report.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Fab, looking forward to the report! Have a wonderful time!

We are thinking of doing a week or few days in the Keys, I've been (years ago) but DH hasn't, and I'd love him to see the place. So I'll be avidly reading your report to see what you do so I can get some ideas ...
Thank you -we loved the Keys and definitely can't wait to spend more time there! Completely different vibe from any other part of Florida we've been to.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It looks like it's going to be a fab trip, the cruise is an exciting bonus! Are you sure it's going to be cheaper than Orlando?

Have fun planning your trip. I can't wait to read all about when you do your trip report.
Definitely cheaper - the whole trip is about £1000 less than we'd pay for two weeks in Orlando and the cruise is all-inclusive so we won't have any real food costs for those days. Plus we found eating out cheaper in the Florida Keys too

Thanks for reading - I think the majority is planned so now it is just counting down the days!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Looks like you've got a fab trip planned it sounds really relaxed. Cruise sounds great too, it's always nice to try something new
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
rosered
slightly serious Dibber

Last time you were heading for Key West I recommended Kellys Bar and Brewery - hadnt realised it had closed!

It has now reopened as First Flight Bar and Brewery so should give plenty of opportunities for pointing at pints - let me know if you get chance to try it as we are heading down there in November.
rosered is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Eagerly following. I think I want to do this exact trip one day. Taking many notes!
Looks just perfect X
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like you have planned a lovely holiday
I look forward to reading along I always enjoy your trippies

Joan
Old 31 Mar 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Looks like you've got a fab trip planned it sounds really relaxed. Cruise sounds great too, it's always nice to try something new
We are really looking forward to the Cruise, although I think it might be another expensive addition we have to factor into future holidays!

Originally Posted by rosered View Post
Last time you were heading for Key West I recommended Kellys Bar and Brewery - hadnt realised it had closed!

It has now reopened as First Flight Bar and Brewery so should give plenty of opportunities for pointing at pints - let me know if you get chance to try it as we are heading down there in November.
It is definitely on my 'To Do' list - we're going back for longer this time so will be trying a few new places. I can thoroughly recommend Carolines as well, we had a fantastic meal in there.

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Eagerly following. I think I want to do this exact trip one day. Taking many notes!
Looks just perfect X
Thank you - although I am very jealous of all your recent trips across the US and particularly the variety of cocktails that occur! x

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sounds like you have planned a lovely holiday
I look forward to reading along I always enjoy your trippies

Joan
Thanks Joan, I always look forward to your comments too
Old 31 Mar 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Update 31/3/2019

So, after a stressful couple of days this week, the only thing getting me through was thoughts of our holiday! One day last week I text Phil to show him a spreadsheet I'd made up for costing up adding five days onto our holiday to end up in Orlando. We have flex tickets booked with Norwegian, which meant we could easily change the return flight for a small fee. I also get a discount on Expedia bookings with my bank account and I *really* didn't fancy driving up from the Keys and then getting on plane at 4pm. So, after literally five minutes of deliberating about this over text...

Yep!

So we are going to drive up to Orlando on the 13th of August and stay until Saturday 18th August. I've booked us five nights at The Dolphin through Expedia, which means we'll be close to our favourite place at WDW - The Boardwalk. I will be dropping off the car and we will make full use of the Disney shuttles and the fact that you can walk to EPCOT and HS from the Boardwalk. The plan is to get 5 days of Disney base tickets and just do WDW. We will be doing a 'Happily Ever After' dessert party (mainly so I can take lots of lovely firework photos!) and I've booked the California Grill for our last night. This is our 'happy place' as it's where Phil proposed

The rest will just fall into place no doubt, once many busy day guides have been consulted!

So, going to Florida and not going to Orlando proved too much!

Until next time ...