Notices

Old 9 Apr 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Ooh your plans look fab! Nice touch adding on Disney at the end. Looking forward to reading all about it 😃
Thanks, couldn't resist WDW!

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
This sounds like a fabulous trip!
Thank you, we can't wait
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
LOVE that little table you've made for Epcot

Your plans sound soooooo good!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
LOVE that little table you've made for Epcot

Your plans sound soooooo good!
Ha ha - the timing was bugging me and we did waaaay to much walking last time!

I can't wait - almost three weeks in our favourite place!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Youll love the cruise, we were newbies too. We did a Disney Cruise and loved it, we would definatly do a short cruise again
Old 11 Apr 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
Youll love the cruise, we were newbies too. We did a Disney Cruise and loved it, we would definatly do a short cruise again
The more I look into it, the more I am looking forward to the cruise!
Old 20 Apr 18, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

We are in double digits!

✈️🛳🌅🏖🍹☀️✈️🛳🌅🏖🍹☀️✈️🛳🌅🏖🍹☀️✈️🛳🌅🏖🍹☀️✈️🛳🌅🏖🍹☀️
Old 20 Apr 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Congratulations, the weather this week has made summer feel like it's just around the corner, hasn't it?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Congratulations, the weather this week has made summer feel like it's just around the corner, hasn't it?
Oh yes, definitely! I've forgotten what it feels like to be warm when you walk outside so it's very welcome!
Old 7 May 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Pre-Holiday Purchases

A few weeks ago when the exchange rate was hitting $1.42ish I debated whether or not to pay off our cruise as it's been booked with Carnival and therefore needs to be paid in dollars. Luckily my Halifax Clarity will allow that without any extra exchange rate charges! I ummed and ahhed and unfortunately I decided to wait and... We all know what the exchange rate looks like now ...

Anyway, I decided that I'd just pay it all off this weekend so it was done and I could stop worrying about it. So expect $1.50ish by tomorrow!

I also paid for the 'Cheers' package for the two of us. It's basically $51 per day (including tip), per person and includes unlimited drinks, both soft an alcoholic. There is a 15 drink maximum, but I doubt we will be getting anywhere close to that! I was considering just getting the package for the pint pointer, but you have to have it per stateroom. TBH I am going to get bottles of water to take out with us during the day, plus throw in a few coffees and other drinks I do think we will end up saving money.

I've also paid for the onboard wifi, but reading reviews online it basically says it's slower than a slow thing. Will take me back to these days:

Ah the days when it took three hours to download a poor quality 2meg Mp3 file ...

Back the cruise, we've decided not to book any excursions. I briefly looked into the Atlantis thing at Nassau, but in the end we think we'll be happy just wandering round the port and going to the Pirate Museum and Brewery tour there, then probably heading back to the ship. So along with the 'Cheers' package, no doubt there will be plenty of this: !

Away from the cruise, I am a complete convert to PACKING CUBES! They totally revolutionised my packing in the summer last year! I basically went from this on day two of the holiday:

To this:

Absolutely amazing! I had bought a cheap set to try them about and unfortunately the zip was going. However, I got an email from Amazon about a flash sale thing and a decent set was on offer for about £14:

So they have been purchased and I'm already planning on what can be packed into them!

The last thing I am looking into is for the Orlando portion of the trip, and that is one of these:

It's a Gorilla Grip for my Lumix. As I posted previously, we've booked the fireworks dessert party to watch Happily Ever After. If you've read any of my previous trip reports you'll know I love taking long exposure photos!

A tripod (or flat surface) is the only way to do that, so on the off-chance they wont let me use a tripod I will use the gorilla grip instead on a fence somewhere (hopefully!).

Until next time ...

Edited at 10:49 AM.
Old 11 May 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Aurynn
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

So exciting!

I really need to invest in some packing cubes for our trip next year. I'm all good for the initial packing and unpacking but then getting everything back into the suitcase at the end... hahah.

The gent is excited to see what beer options Phil will get next time... He's looking for inspiration for is own beverage choices
Aurynn is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List