Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Mar 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kl is excited
Excited about Disney

Visiting water parks in Oct/Nov

Our visit this year is the latest we have ever visited Florida. We are hoping to go to Volcano Bay and possibly Typhoon lagoon, is it still warm enough at this time of year to visit the water parks or do we give them a miss this time. There are 5 adults and our 22 month old grandson in our party. Thanks for any tips or advice.

Edited at 10:34 AM.
kl is excited is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Weather is hit and miss but generally I'd say it's still warm enough. Although Typhoon Lagoon typically closes sometime in October through to Christmas for its yearly maintenance - you'd have to go to Blizzard Beach instead for a Disney park.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

It'll be warm enough in early October for sure but I can't vouch for November. The flip side is, what do you class as warm enough?
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Weather is hit and miss but generally I'd say it's still warm enough. Although Typhoon Lagoon typically closes sometime in October through to Christmas for its yearly maintenance - you'd have to go to Blizzard Beach instead for a Disney park.
They alternate the water park closure. I believe it's BB that will close 2018
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
kl is excited
Excited about Disney

Yes I believe you are correct I checked the theme park opening times here on the Dibb and it appears B.B. is closed this year for refurb/maintenance at that time.
kl is excited is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Amylouisedxo
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I have Been in both Oct and nov. Chilly at night but definitely hot enough for water parks. Don’t miss out x
Amylouisedxo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We often go Oct into Nov and so far it’s always been warm enough. Early morning can be a bit chilly sometimes but it warms up pretty quickly! We do find the water parks quieter at this time than our May visits which is always welcome!
sarahc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Our only two visits were Dec 2010 (Gatwick closed for 5 days due to snow, minus 2 temps in Orlando, all water parks closed, thick coats daily) ...

And Nov 2014 (most days 22, a few 25, but both our planned waterpark days were 13 and they closed BB as TL was already closed for refurb).

So I have never been to a waterpark!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We went last week of October and first week of November last year. Bar the unseasonal weather of the first few days, it was fine to use the water parks (BB was closed for annual maintanence so TL was the only Disney water park open at that time last year). However I personally found I got chilly once wet if I stopped moving around constantly. My husband and the kids didn't notice it as much. It was very different to how I felt in August the previous year but TL was so quiet that it was a welcome break from the madness of the other parks.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

We've been to Typhoon Lagoon in early December and it was great. Weather was hot enough and crowd level quite low.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List