Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Apr 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Seven dwarves mine train fastpass

Just trying to get my head round best fast-passes to book for our first time trip to disney.

Staying off-site so will be booking from 30 days out and just keep looking at the fast passes to get an idea of what might be available when 30 day window opens later this month.

Spoken to nearly 9 year old daughter and 6 year old son to see what rides they would see like to do.

Magic kingdom they would like to do btmr, sm, Peter pan, potc, and definately seven dwarves mine train. Looks like will only be able to get a fast-pass for seven dwarves later in the day. Is it worth it or should we just try and do rope drop and try and ride early in the day to enable earlier fast passes for other things?

Also daughter's birthday Saturday 26th May whilst on our trip which is Saturday memorial weekend. Already have breakfast booked at Crystal palace. My daughter would also like to do Cinderella and Elena meet. Do you think it would be wise to book a fast-pass for this with it probably going to be a busy park day or should we be okay to just do standby queue?

Any advice and suggestions would be much appreciated.

We are planning def 2 and probably 3 days at mk during our 2 week stay.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We did a few half days at MK and booked SDMT for ~5pm on the day we went in later to see the fireworks. This was at 30 days out.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

For Cinderella and Elena, I think it would be worth getting a fastpass unless you are going right at opening, they always seemed to have a long standby queue when we were there
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies.

Think I'm def going to fastpass Cinderella and elena and probably try and do an evening after water park and try for evening seven dwarves fastpass.

Still may have a go at rope drop for seven dwarves too. Any tips on quickest route and best place to position ourselves for this.
Old 6 Apr 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
down main street, stick to the right, head into tomorrow land and go straight up

"walk ,dont run"... "walk quicker then"

Old 6 Apr 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Great thanks for that. Been first timers this is all new to us. Map with route is really helpful.

Am I right in thinking that early entry to ok had changed and everyone will be waiting on main street for the different lands to open?

So we should wait near the entrance to tomorrow land and walk/run as fast as possible. What sort of wait times would we be looking at early morning?
Old 6 Apr 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Uptowngirl View Post
Great thanks for that. Been first timers this is all new to us. Map with route is really helpful.

Am I right in thinking that early entry to ok had changed and everyone will be waiting on main street for the different lands to open?

So we should wait near the entrance to tomorrow land and walk/run as fast as possible. What sort of wait times would we be looking at early morning?
Yes they hold everyone in the central hub then they open the entrance to the lands after a short opening show on the stage. The queue forms very quickly so if you can get there early and get to the front of the crowd that would help.

Another possibly less stressful way of getting a short wait is to join the queue just before closing (ignoring the posted wait time which will be inflated. We went 10 min before closing and had a 25 minute wait
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you.

That just before closing tip is great.

Is it right that if you are in the queue before closing you are guaranteed to ride?
Old 6 Apr 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Uptowngirl View Post
Thank you.

That just before closing tip is great.

Is it right that if you are in the queue before closing you are guaranteed to ride?
Yes as long as you get into the queue before closing time then you will get on. It moves pretty fast at that time too as there are no fastpasses going on.
Old 6 Apr 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We booked our sdmt fast pass at 60 days out for that weekend (25th) and the earliest I got, when that was the first fp I went for at midday was 2:10pm. It was harder to get than FOP. I have been trying to modify it since and there are none showing any earlier than 7pm for that weekend. I think you may struggle to get one at 30 days if you want it Memorial weekend.

We are going to try the end of night queue after the fireworks after the park empties out later in the holidays as a few people have said that is quieter that the rope drop queue. Good luck!